NV271 SYE parts

thundergunder

Getting it done
I bought a 271 dodge case with 280k on it.

I want to put it behind the 47re in my 02 and use the fixed F*&d out put. I know I need the F*&d tail housing, main shaft and rear coupler, but what else if anything?

Also im finding two different part numbers for the F*&d tail housing. Will either work with the dodge case? I think the only difference is in the type of needle bearing they use.

Also found two part numbers for the main shaft. I believe the differences in main shafts is oiling passages in the later units for better oiling, but what year was the change made?

I also want to rebuild the case with all new bearings, seals, and chain since it has such high miles on it. If I put the fixed rear out put on it, would I buy a rebuild kit for a F*&d or a Dodge? Im thinking a F*&d kit would be what I want since all the internals are the same except for the above parts, which require the F*&d bearings and seals to fit them. And then the rebuild kit would have to be the right one for the style of rear housing I get.

Also with that man miles would it be a good idea to replace the pump or do they just never wear out?

Am in going in the right direction?