NV4500 Fail

LittleWhite97

Well I removed the AFC and wasn't near getting full rack travel. Installed fender washer, tested and got full travel. Reinstalled AFC, tuned and went to the drag strip for further testing. Also with #10 plate removed.
First pass, off the line easy to feel the truck out on the track. Rolled into it about half track and ran a 15.0 @104 so the power was defenatly there according to trap speed so next pass I was going all out.
Second pass truck hooked great, going into fourth gear, input shaft gave up on trani. To make a long storie short, finally gota chance to tune my truck, found alot more power, found a weak link!
Thinking of converting to an auto. Haven't searched a lot into the subject yet just wana get an idea of how hard the project will be. Also what auto to swap to. Thanks for any info.

did you break a 1-3/8 input shaft? if so ill buy the broke piece from you if it brake at the tranny

auto swap isn't terrible, lots of auto guys wanting a 5 speed. It makes life a lot easier to go with a manual valve body though. If you have any questions specifically just pm me. I swapped mine from a 5 speed last May.

did you break a 1-3/8 input shaft? if so ill buy the broke piece from you if it brake at the tranny

I haven't got it apart yet to see where it broke but i'm certain it's the input or the clutch and I'm positive it's not the clutch. I can hear it ingauge and disinguage with no movement in any gear. When I get back from work I'll let you know