Nv4500 problem

bradford4020

My friend broke his input shaft on his nv4500. We tore it down and completely rebuilt it, including a billet input. Got it back in his truck last night and it didn't want to go into reverse or come out of 5th gear. All the other gears go in and out fine and after a few miles of driving it seemed to go in and out of 5th easier,but reverse, however, still wasn't going in and out easily. Just wondering if anybody has had problems with the linkage or if its internal, any input would be much appreciated.

Going to need to pull her back out. Take the shift cover off. I'll bet the little wear pads on the shift fork have fallen off.

Scott

Probably put the slider on backwards...one side is < shaped and the other side is ] shaped.. the < shape needs to face the syncro.. as if to angle its way into the syncro and onto the gear. Also, I rebuilt mine once and added a reverse syncro, it shifted terribly into reverse, next time I blew it up, I took that reverse syncro off and it shifted flawlessly. Only difference is, it grinded a little going into reverse if I was moving at all, and with a syncro it wouldnt grind or go into gear till I was completely stopped. Hope that helps.