Nv4500 rebuild grind!!!

check to see if the synchro collar is on the correct way, it can go on either way, and if you put it on the wrong way it will not fully engage the synchro

Trans grenaded 3rd and took out the cluster gear because whoever last built it did not shim it and adjust clearances at all. Like I said, it went in all gears when it left my bench, what happened now we will find out when he gets me the truck or trans. No accusations or pointing fingers until its apart on the bench.

You bolting the tranny up to an engine & testing, or just making sure it will shift into each gear?

You bolting the tranny up to an engine & testing, or just making sure it will shift into each gear?

Not bolting to an engine, spinning by hand is all I can do with a bench job. I have the whole truck now, so it will not leave with an issue. Shift fork is the only questionable piece in the assembly...worn just enough on the 5th gear side to cause the light grind going into 5th. Also, the truck had 5th, they heard it grind and decided to not try and force it in (a good thing). I didn't force it, per say, but it has a light grind going into 5th which the new shift fork should address.

***UPDATE*** Shift fork was the culprit. Shifts great, he's happy and it holds power.