nv4500 swap speedo help

stangman95

Okay I have been searching for a couple of days after the swap and I cant find anything. I have a 97 2500 4x4. The truck was an auto and I swapped the trans for a nv4500. I am still using the same np241 DLD transfer case. I plugged the connector back into the transfer case where it went originally but I now have no speedo or odometer. I am pretty sure it has to be a wiring issue as I am using the automatic harness but I cant find anything anywhere to help me. does anyone have any thoughts. thanks.

I pulled the sensor out of the transfer case tailshaft yes. But I didnt remove the plastic gear on the shaft itself.

Well if you are using the same sensor in the same transfer case and you know for sure everything is there, then my guess is you have something in the computer pissed off cause it cant find the auto transmission its looking for.....

hats kinda what i figured. I was hoping I would get lucky and someone would know what to do about the wiring.

It could be the sensor. They are clocked within the hole. When you reinstalled the VSS it may just be in the wrong position. I have never done an auto to manual swap on these trucks but I wouldnt think that it would be more than bypassing the neutral safety switch or using it in the clutch pedal interlock. Many have just twisted the wires together and had no problems in these trucks.