Nv5600 rebuild

chevota84

Does anybody know what special tools I really need to rebuild a 5600? I see the Miller tools "kits" that range from $250 - $700 but it looks like some of them include snap ring pliers and slide hammers. I know I'll need the jig but what else can't be built or modified?

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Does anybody know what special tools I really need to rebuild a 5600? I see the Miller tools "kits" that range from $250 - $700 but it looks like some of them include snap ring pliers and slide hammers. I know I'll need the jig but what else can't be built or modified?

I just used standard tools, and a press. It's very simple.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Honestly the first one i did I made a tool to hold the one synco together, I think 5th? Maybe? But other then that it just all comes apart and goes together, take a few pics and take your time. It's very simple. I'll do a manual all day over a auto.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

I did mine without a jig. Just used standard tools and a press. The cases are super heavy but I managed to do mine in my garage.

Hey chris. Timmy smith is who I was going to have do it.

No special tools as the others have said. Make sure u have a good press. Be prepared as 5th and 6th gear on the countershaft do not easily come off and most likely teeth will chip on the gear. Take your time and it will be easy. Have done a dozen or so and they are not nearly as difficult as everyone makes them out to be. Just heavy. Good luck!

Tim will knock it out no problem!! Keep your eyes out for another 6 speed. I'm wanting a manual again for hauling

Subscribing as i just pulled one today and am going to be attempting the rebuild tomorrow

Subscribing as i just pulled one today and am going to be attempting the rebuild tomorrow
For anyone who cares this turned out to be a shift collar put on the wrong way by the last guy that built it so i didnt end up fully rebuilding it. Just disassembling it enough to flip that around. It was actually fun and not that hard! It was actually a nv4500, not a 5600.
5f052a14045f0455fb6a65e5a0ed7498.jpg

ff5f8cd04d4fff6e002eff1bb74bce20.jpg