NV5600 refuses to engage 3rd

not to be off topic but how do you like that short throw? I have been thinking about doing it to my 4500, but some people have said it is the worst mod that they have done to there truck.

I have one in my nv4500 and my nv5600. Well worth the money.

If someone says it was a waste of money they are and idiot that needs to be relieved of their manual trans.

Take it off, that should fix your problem, just put stocker back on. I've had it happen to mine twice and multiple times with 6 speed.

I do agree with Likeability but not it's results, they will destroy synchro's faster than crap and the added leverage is good about pushing through synchro's and into teeth. That's just my experience tho.. There may be some other threads on it too

I lost third on mine and found the rod wa bent just enough to keep it from pushing the entire travel distance to completle engage 3rd gear. If you annoy ge it to go with the engine off then take off the tower and manually engage it with a screw driver an see if it falls in. There's a better chance than not it will go right in. Did you have a grinding issue downshifting into 3rd?

Had none, it just went the hell out. I assumed that if it was in the shifter then all the forward gates would suffer the same.

The 4500 is a direct rail to the shift fork connection where as the 5600 uses a socket that sits between the rail and the fork. So in relation to that with 3rd gear being the farthest gear to reach on the rail for your main shaf it has a little bit longer distance to travel before engaging. Doesn't feel that way but once you open the case you'd see what I was talking about. At any rate the first thing I'd try and the simplest solution would be to remove the tower and make sure you can engage and disengage third gear with your screw driver or 3/8 extension. If you can, blame the shifter, if you can't it could be a rail issue. Verify that when in neutral your gates line up perfect to make a rectangle. If that doesn't happen then it's probably an issue with the rail.

They have the wildest linkage setup I've ever seen. Buddy of mine does them and I've helped him put them together some. If you do it yourself study the rod layout and take pictures.

Good call.. It's a lot less complicated than it looks. I'd rebuild a 4500 any day of the week vs a 6 speed. They're not that bad.. Don't get all worked up tho, it's probably just that shift fork:)

Verify that when in neutral your gates line up perfect to make a rectangle. If that doesn't happen then it's probably an issue with the rail.

They are different than a 4500. You cant see the "gates". There is just a socket that the shifter goes in to.

223646_10150332281385850_777585849_9632534_2145545_n.jpg

That missing piece was imbedded in the shift rail. May have been a good thing it broke. All my syncro's are shot and it needs bearings.