Officially a 1st gen guy... (pics ITT)

jlibert

picked this up tonight. I'm not 100% sure if I'm keeping it or not, but it's growing on me. This thing drives and steers tighter than my 04.5. Power..., that's another story:st:

92dodge002.jpg

92dodge001.jpg

That is one clean looking truck J.P. Now imagine that thing pulling your truck to the pulls. What a show stopper:hehe: .
You always got my truck to pull you to some events too. :evil

What's the budget for turning that one up??

well, it already has the tighter housing on it. Other than that, it's stock.

I need this for daily driving, and to tow my 3rd gen sometimes. I'd like to keep the smoke down and the mileage up.

Good Looking Truck. The no power thing is REAL easy to fix.

Get you a good TC in there (only about $650) Do a GDS 60mm compressor upgrade (about $200) a 3200 RPM spring ($16) and some free fuel pump mods and it will be a totaly new truck! For less the a grand you can make that thing VERY respectable! And remember... It the Classic Hot Rod of teh Diesel world!

that truck looks just like my dads minus the mirrors. his is a 5 speed though. nice truck!

Looks good man. Throw a few mods on it make it a better driver and tow vehicle.

Well, turned up the pump tonight -- what a difference! Thanks a bunch Corey (rockjeep73). The hardest part was getting the idle turned down. After i made a couple of custom tools, I had it done.

I've driven 280 miles with it, with about 200 of those miles in drive (od wouldn't work) with a lot of stop and go, and got 18.66 mpg. I'm thinking 20 isn't out of reach. Looks like the 3rd gen is gonna stay parked for a while :)

thanks again corey-

jp

cool truck..... fun to have a 12v mechanical to play with. I know where you can get a great turbo for that thing...

Yeah just turning up the pump on those can get ya about another 100 hp. They're pretty darn gutless stock. They're also about 1500 pounds lighter than the later trucks which helps em feel faster =).

Thats a good looking truck. I wish I had one, I love 1st gens

cool truck..... fun to have a 12v mechanical to play with. I know where you can get a great turbo for that thing...

uh oh. :)

I'm going to get a pyro on this thing really soon. I mainly got it tow my 3rd gen to the pulls, and to drive around when my 3rd gen breaks something. I'll definitely keep you in mind if i need an upgrade.

didn't you just get a new turbo?

Yes, i got less' II62.....my wsb was just getting to small for the fuel i want to dump in it.

my uncle has a 92 in black and silver with 70,000 on it and will not sell it. he started his well drilling business with it and then switched to the dmax for the ease of driving. he usees the first gen for a spare truck and drives it twice a year. nice truck.

after a little cleaning and adjustment of the TPS, the tranny is shifting like it's supposed to. :)