Oil Change

Stock Ram

Haulin' Grass
Has anyone done their own oil change on the 6.7? If so, what oil did you use? I understand that it has to be a low ASH but choices are limited. I had oil changed once by dealer for free but that was because of their past incompetence.

Any recomendations would be apreciated.

Thanks

John

Low Ash Oil

This is Mopar and Cummins recommendations
ENGINE OIL - DIESEL ENGINES
Use only Low Ash Diesel Engine Oil meeting standard MIL-2104C or API Classification CJ-4/SM (5.9L), or CJ-4 (6.7L), or higher that meets Cummins CES 20081 Standards.

Low ash diesel engine oil is REQUIRED for the 6.7L engine, use MOPAR ® MaxPro15W40 6700 Diesel DPF diesel engine oil, or equivalent.

SAE VISCOSITY GRADE

CAUTION: Low viscosity oils must have the proper API quality or the CCMC G5 designation.

To assure of properly formulated engine oils, it is recommended that SAE Grade 15W-40 engine oils that meet Chrysler material standard MS-10902, be used in accordance to ACEA B3, B4 specification. European Grade 15W-40 oils that meet Association des Constructeurs Européens d' Automobiles (European Automobile Manufacturers Association) (ACEA) specifications, are also acceptable.

Oils of the SAE 5W-40 grade number are preferred when minimum temperatures consistently fall below -15° C (5° F).

ACEA Categories
For countries that use the ACEA European Oil Categories for Service Fill Oils, use engine oils that meet the requirements of ACEA A1/B1, A2/B2, or A3/B3.

I use Shell Rotella T & fleetguard filters, changed every 5k

Thanks Krazeeun a named brand was what I was looking for.
TheWrench............thank you too but I have read the Dodge/Cummins page. I was looking for people who had actually done this themselves and the brand names they had used.

Thanks for all replies.

Blah Blah Blah Blah(mopar) Sitck with a good quality oil.. like Schaffer or Amsoil.

That blue stuff from Valvoline I buy @ Cummins for now. I'll switch to Delvac-1 in another 20k or so.