Oil coming from out dipstick?

03powerstroke35

What could be the cuase of oil coming up and out the dip stick. I Just replaced all o rings and crush washers on injectors. It was doing this before i replaced the o rings, i thought it could be getting by the crush washers. What else could it be?

We just worked on one that was doing the same thing and it was caused by a cracked injector tip that washed the cylindar wall down on number 3. We did not take it apart because we didn't have time to do that for the guy so he took it to a dealer to get a new motor. We had the IDS tell us that cylindars 3,5,7 were down so we got 4 new injectors replaced then ran the power balance-cylindar contribution test and the relative compression and # 5 was fixed, 7 was about 1/2 and 3 was still dead. I havent heard what the dealer qouted him to fix or what they say the cause was but i wll let you know when i find out for sure. Tim

Do you have a hole in the piston? These things have a lot of blow by, but not that much.

Do you have a rerouted CCV? Did you use smaller than a 5/8in ID hose?

Yeah i have a rerouted CCV. I think its 3/8s. I had to replace the dipstick a few weeks back slammed it in the hood when it wasent all the way in, oops. If i remove the dipstick when its running a small amount of oil and air will spirt out, even with the new dipstick in it will come out the top and run down. Is thier a small o-ring or rubber piece in the top that im missing?

You need a larger hose than 3/8 ID. Its building a ton of crankcase pressure. I surprised you haven't complained about smoke from the tailpipe at idle.

after doug called me a dumb hass i got the bigger hose, no more problems with smoke out the tailpipe LOL..however it smokes out the hose though..whats up with that fresh?

after doug called me a dumb hass i got the bigger hose, no more problems with smoke out the tailpipe LOL..however it smokes out the hose though..whats up with that fresh?

So your saying your a hose smoker? LOL:poke: