Oil Cooler Bolt Torque Spec?????

4x4dually

Anyone got a torque spec for the oil cooler on a 2002 ISB? All my manual says is:

OIL COOLER & LINES
CLEANING AND INSPECTION
Clean the sealing surfaces.
Apply 483 kPa (70 psi) air pressure to the element
to check for leaks. If the element leaks, replace the
element.

They are 10mm head bolts...about a dozen of them and placed strategically behind anything and everything. LOL

Any help out there? Hopefully I'll put this thing back on in a couple hours after I get the kids, drive home, and pressure test this one. I just got my new gaskets in. :D

Anymore, I barely have time to do things once. And since two gaskets cost me $46.00, I just want to be sure and get them tight but not lose a bolt in the block. There are passages all over the place and I figure getting them all to the same torque would be critical. The molded in orings aren't very thick and don't look to be too forgiving!

Although...I think the use of a universal adapter to get a socket on half of them is going to throw the torque reading out the effin door....great design as usual. :bang

I used an inch # when I do the little ones. 216 is a lot easier to feel click.

Thanks. I got it on. Pretty easy except for the amature contorsionist act. I stared with the torque wrench...but gave that chit up. The only way to use one is to have the block out of the truck. You can properly torque about 4 of the 14.

Back