Oil drooling out of CC ventilator after VP change

i6chick

It's all about leverage
Put the industrial injection pump in last night, truck runs great. Stopped for lunch today and noticed engine oil under truck, whole front end soaked with oil. Oil appears to be leaking from the breather, not the hose, I do not have a canister at the end of mine anyways. Checked to see if seal was there, seal
intact, the opening is at 12'oclock and tightened. Washed the underside of the truck, drove back to work and its leaking (to put it mildly) all over. It appears to be leaking from bottom half of the crack case/timing gear cover plastic ventilator thing. Why?

Does not seem to be any pressure or air comming out to make me think there would be any blow by this severe... no miss, no smoke, no lack of power. Input!

Is the pump brand new? It sounds like its filling your CC with fuel.

I'm guessing the oil level is alright? Does the oil have diesel in it. I've had a front seal go out of a vp, fills the motor and blows everywhere.

No I'm an idiot, I looked at all the stuff, smelled the fuel bla bla bla. I fudged up the timing cover seal when I stabbed the pump & the keyway moved the first time. The way the belts were throwing oil around made it look like it was comming from the breather. Too bad I siliconed the sh!t out of it lol.. hopefully I won't have to take it off for a while hahaha. I feel like an moron.

youre probably low on blinker fluid.

Very funny. I might be green but I'm a little more mechanically inclined than your average female... they must not have females who think in your neck of the woods lol.

you say you fudged up the timing cover seal, by that do you mean the cover that is also the breather attachment point that threads on where the pump gear nut access hole in the front gear cover is? there is a rectangular cut round seal that can leaks if the cover is not threaded on tight enough, or if the seal cut/chunk missing out of the seal. make sure that the outlet for the breather hose is pointed at 12 o'clock, that will make it much harder for oil to make it to the top, and leak out of the breather. if that is not what is leaking, your looking at possibly the front gear cover leaking, or the front crank seal. i find the latter of the two less likey due to the fact that this leak just appeared after a VP44 change. pull the nut access cover back off, and take a good look at the seal, also check the breather hose and make usre that it is not cut/torn etc. good luck with finding your leak!

Wes

Already checked the square seal, the hose, looked if there was anything blocking the hose... bla bla bla. And yes, it's the whole front cover. This is going to be a PIA to get to lol. There goes my Saturday.