Oil feed line help

Cam73

Hey guys-
Trying to install my S366 and I'm having some issues tracking down the correct feed line fitting.
The truck is a 97, the original fitting on the HX35 end of the oil line is a tube/flare end of some sort using a copper washer and the threads in turbo cartridge are STORM from what I can tell.
The adapter that came in the 366 is for what I believe to be a later style face seal oil line. The threads in the cartridge are larger than the hx35 but look to be straight o-ring as well. Only there was no o-ring on it when removed from the turbo, just a bunch of paste from the PO.
The local industrial supply house just kinda scratched their head when I brought the 2 fittings in, especially the flare end that goes to the the oil line.
Anyone know where I can track down the fittings I need? I called Source this morning but its hard to explain over the phone, especially not being very familiar with this stuff. Waiting to hear back from them Thanks.
Sorry about the crap picture
Top- HX35
Bottom- S366
P4181168.jpg

Try calling a junkyard and get an oil line from a 24v.

Called around a little more today and no one local seems to carry anything metric. Figured out the s366 is 14mmX1.5 and the HX35 is 12mmx1.5, both o-ring, both straight thread. Still not sure what the other side of the stock fitting is. Maybe I can just find a metric o-ring reduction bushing.

Calling around probably isn't going to help if you don't know what you're asking for IMHO. Your best bet is to actually go to a hydraulic shop with fittings and hose in hand and tell them what you're looking for.

The stock hx35 turbo fittings are 12mm straight thread. The S300s have 1/4" NPT threads IIRC. I believe some of the turbo shops make adapter blocks to use the stock hx35 fitting on a Borg, but I don't see the point if you can find an adequate fitting.

The top fitting is for a 12v. The bottom fitting is for a 24v. Get an oil line from a 24v and use the bottom fitting in the turbo it came with. I had the same issue when I put my bullet on, but reverse.

1/4" npt and 14mm x 1.5 are very close the the same size.

Thanks for all the help guys. Gonna have to disregard most of the stuff I wrote in prior posts, as CC nailed it. I went chasing down a storm fitting before checking the easy stuff..

Does the fitting have to be steel?

Got it all together and fired it off today. Everything looks good so far, other than a flat 37 on the passengers front.. no test drive this week.

Calling around probably isn't going to help if you don't know what you're asking for IMHO. Your best bet is to actually go to a hydraulic shop with fittings and hose in hand and tell them what you're looking for.
I didn't see anything wrong with asking a place like source what I need to put a s300 on a 12v. Guys do it all the time. The local place, even with fittings in hand gave me the incorrect info I posted. Either way, $7 later its running.