Oil leaking from blowby tube

I have seen first hand the turbo and vac pump cause excessive blowby in 2 separate cases, once repaired no more oil out the breather.

First time I've been on here in a while but I have an update I serviced it and put royal purple 15w40 full synthetic in it and haven't had the problem since. beats the hell out of me just glad the problems gone, it had me worried for a while.

First time I've been on here in a while but I have an update I serviced it and put royal purple 15w40 full synthetic in it and haven't had the problem since. beats the hell out of me just glad the problems gone, it had me worried for a while.

You aren't the first to find that sometimes a change of oil brand will fix the issue. I've heard about it in class 8 truck engines, and a friend of mine had the same experience. After the thrashing of the "experts" about my post about vacuum pumps, which can be proved by simple physics, there wasn't any incentive to suggest trying a different oil.

Guy I don't think anyone is "thrashing" you, we were just relating real world expierences! I saw the problem go away with my own eyes, a guy had a vac line disconnect while working around them, went for a spirited drive and came back with blowby. Reconnected the line and bammo no more oil leak. Just as I see changing oil have nothing to do with fixing the problem I'm not going to discredit the info, because in this instance it seemed to work.
Keep in mind a lot of trucks see more then stock governed rpm's so the faster that pump spins the more vac it could presumably make.

Last edited: