Oil out of crankcase breather after p pump conversion

Hillrod660

Just finished my p pump conversion, finally working out the bugs. I have the billet timing cover and didn't wanna lose the breather there so I drilled out a 3/4in hole on the adjustable timing gear cover, put a 90 on it with a house running to the back of the motor. Yesterday I took it out and kinda beat on her a little to see what she would do and when I got back to the shop I noticed a little bit of oil on the ground like a 3in by 5in and little oil dripping out of out of the tube. I took it out a few days ago and don't remember any oil on the ground. I am running about 50lbs of boost so I'm guessing my drive pressure is kinda high. Would that do it?. Trucks only got 150k on it. I did add 2 breathers in the valve cover so I'm hoping that will help. It never did that before the conversion. Am I missing something ? Any help would be appreciated.

When I had a tube running from the front cover and dumped it out back by the trans, mine would push oil through especially under heavy boost. Even tried the breathers on the valve cover, didn't solve it. Come to find out, that's where the pump returns the oil (read it somewhere but can't remember where). So I put a cap from a 12v oil fill on there and it didn't push any oil after that, and didn't blow any seals out anywhere. May try capping it off and using the breathers on the valve cover. If you want more, maybe run a breather out the tappet cover.

When I ppump last engine setup I was seeing 60psi and didn't have a problem and engine had 150ish on it. I ran run 12v tap plate with the one on cover,,I thought able running 24v style when I install billet cover but I thing u talk me out of it!!!

I was just gonna say maybe I should just cap it off, being i got the breathers on the valve cover. I'm gonna adjust the wastegate to only put out about 40-45lbs of boost. Maybe that will help.

I thought about running a billet tapped cover but I didn't pull the trigger on it. Maybe when I oring the head I'll pop the. Pump off and put one on.

Cover

When I had my last ppump set up I added 12v tap cover and turn it 4500 for a while and didn't have a problem at 60psi. Think u talked me out of 24v style when I put bullit one on!!! Didnt like that style anyway.

Ppump drains oil out the front into the crankcase right where your breather port is. Block it off and run breathers from the tappet cover and/or valve cover.

Had the same issue after doing mine. Thought I covered everything but didn't use a 12V tappet cover. A Ppump builds a lot more crankcase pressure than you would think. After I had the pump off again I switched tappet covers and never had anymore issues.

When I ppump last engine setup I was seeing 60psi and didn't have a problem and engine had 150ish on it. I ran run 12v tap plate with the one on cover,,I thought able running 24v style when I install billet cover but I thing u talk me out of it!!!
Hey I've been trying to get ahold of you but your inbox is full. You got refunded, when are you shipping the programmer back?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Back