Oil out of front breather

We are all on the same page that 12v dont have one there from the factory. We are also all on the same page that ppumps return oil unlike a vp truck. However, why is it I run a 24v breather with zero oil issues while others cannot?

I assume maybe my breather is plugged up so it is essentially a plug or what?

I know I am not the only one running a 24v breather setup with a ppump.

Consider yourself lucky then. I would never do a p-pump conversion and leave the front breather. I always plug and either put breathers in the valve cover or put a vented tappet cover on it.

Consider yourself lucky then. I would never do a p-pump conversion and leave the front breather. I always plug and either put breathers in the valve cover or put a vented tappet cover on it.

I have a 12v tappet cover with the breather but I guess I will consider myself lucky.

Does anyone feel that a single breather on the valve cover will be suitable?

Single valve cover breather will work. Two would work better than just one. We ran one on the front, and one inbetween 4-5.

I learned the hard way... if there is too much crank case pressure the easiest seal to blow out is the tappet cover. Thats ok though... cause its the most fun and easiest to change.

Well that's where I'm at I'm gonna just delete the front one, and add another somewhere else. Since u say you have no trouble.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for all the info guys. I'm going to try deleting the front breather and add another one. Will report back with the results

I have a 12v tappet cover with the breather but I guess I will consider myself lucky.

I can't explain it either because my Fummins runs a front breather and blows out no oil. Hit and miss, dumb luck i don't know!

Here's a pic of mine. Shows the valve cover breathers and how I plugged the front breather.

Attachments

• IMG_0896.jpg
    IMG_0896.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 0
I have one breather in the VC and two in the tappet cover. The front breather left a mess on my truck as well.

12v tappet cover helps a ton!! We have in the past installed the billet covers front and tappet just run a 90 degree npt to barb a short run of hose then filter.. Makes it harder for oil to travel up the 90 and hose and out the filter.. Just my .02..

I maintained my 24v front cover breather with zero oil issues. I have a 12v tappet cover as well.

I also retained the 24v breather while using a 12v tappet cover w/ breather. Zero issues and oil blow dripping.

Schied got me the fitting so I assume it's the right amount of flow

Scheid does not sell the correct part, they even told me that in the phone. I can also post up a pic of a Scheid fitting and the one factory one I pulled out.

I was thinking of either building or buying a catch can and using the fuel pump block off plate to install a drain to drain the oil back in the crank case, but now I'm thinking that wouldn't work if there would be pressure trying to blow fumes out of the FP block off plate.....I'm trying to avoid draining back to the oil pan. I'm curious now as to how the turbo is able to drain in the side of the block so easily w/o the pressures trying to blow the oil back up the drain tube....

I was thinking of either building or buying a catch can and using the fuel pump block off plate to install a drain to drain the oil back in the crank case, but now I'm thinking that wouldn't work if there would be pressure trying to blow fumes out of the FP block off plate.....I'm trying to avoid draining back to the oil pan. I'm curious now as to how the turbo is able to drain in the side of the block so easily w/o the pressures trying to blow the oil back up the drain tube....

Because crankcase pressure cannot overcome 40+ psi of oil pressure coming into the turbo.

so the turbo drain has 40+ psi of oil pressure on the drain, but I doubt a catch can drain would have any pressure on it so what would the best drain option for a catch can be? Like I mentioned before, I would like to avoid tapping the oil pan. Sorry, I didn't mean to hijack the OP's thread, just thought what I was asking was somewhat relative to the OP's post....