oil pressure gauge not workn

tommyracer

help , last weekend changed my water pump and gauge stopped working. gauge display says to check oil level. oil level is full. changed oil pressure sensor and no luck. went to my buddies shop today and used a snapon scanner and did a gauge sweep and the oil gauge worked. out of ideas ! truck does not make any noises when idoling or driving it. any help will be great. thanks !

Plug the prs/lvl harness back into the main harness or fix the broken wire/s.

found the problem! there is a signal coming from the oil pressure and oil level senser into the ecu but not out of it to the gauge. any way to correct this ?

If it is an 03+ truck, it transmits the oil pressure over the class 2 databus. And the ECM also sends out the low engine oil level message over the class 2 data bus. Go back and check your wiring by the oil pressure sensor and low oil level sensor and make sure you didn't break one of the grounds on the front of the block behind the water pump.

so the wiring harnees the runs behind the water pumps contains 5 wires in it. got up the guts to disconnect the plugin on top of the motor and cut the wires so i could pull the wires out from behind the pump. 1 wire was total cut in half. two wire were smashed to the point of only a couple of the copper wires hold them together. what a headache to find the problem but the cost is 0 dollars. which is good for me. thanks to all for your input.