OK i am going in

moneymaker44

OK here is the deal i am going to do the head gasket this long weekend and really don't need to screw up .this is my daily driver for work.

parts to change out !
New .020 + head gasket
new head bolts (stockers from cummins)
Hopefully my injectors and DV's will be in tomorrow
new valve springs exhaust side only 60 lbs
new fuel line and why not set the timing while the entire *%$#@ thing is appart and find true TDC . bump to 16* timing
before i get my self all strung out under the hood because i have 2 days for the truck and 2 days with the wife. which means truck has gotta be ready to roll out sunday and i pray roll harder than it did.

anyone like to shed words of wisdom for the listed task ahead.
yeah yeah i got pleanty of beer and bandaids LOL

but methods , torque tricks , valve spring suggestions ect . i have the tools for all just dont want to over look anything and get caught running for parts instead of spinning bolts .

by the Way if BILL GATES happens to be reading this forum i could use a better Turbo so don't buy me a nice lunch just a good S300G or hbt2 62/14 LOL gee it would be nice to have his money :)

i know moneymaker LOL thats what my exwife thinks while she cashes the childsupport check . ex wives can't shoot them and can't seem to get them off your back. bless the 18th B-day LOL 4 more years to a new CDT

Last edited:
You are going to have the head checked and decked, right? I wouldn't go through the labor of a HG swap without checking the head and having it decked. You will probably need a few new guides as well.

As for words of wisdom..... Take your time, use a good calibrated TQ wrench (not craftsman), clean everything good.

Doug

i agree with doug
have the head magnafluxed for cracks and see if any valves need to be reground then have the surface checked and see if it needs a few thousandths ground off
then update your guides to the newer ones (forget the PN)