OK, now white smoke!!!

Liftedpsd said:
So as long as i get the sct to disable the egr i should be fine?

I want to say yes on SCT but I thought I read that simply plugging the pipe would throw a low flow code(or something like that) SCT can disable the EGR so you won't get the check engine light, but without the tune the light is there???

I have Cali emissions on my truck so just unplugging the EGR gave me a check engine light.

Unplugging will throw a code and/or light the CEL. If you just unplug the EGR valve, you are telling the PCM that the valve is not working. By blocking the flow, you still allow the valve to operate and the PCM thinks exhaust is being rerouted to the intake system, even though it is not.

Betaracer said:
Unplugging will throw a code and/or light the CEL. If you just unplug the EGR valve, you are telling the PCM that the valve is not working. By blocking the flow, you still allow the valve to operate and the PCM thinks exhaust is being rerouted to the intake system, even though it is not.

Cool. I was under the impression that the plug was going to throw the light. If not I will consider plugging mine, I just didn't want to swap pipes before a dealer visit.

Santa Gertrudis said:
so you can disable the EGR system with the SCT? Like no more dirty EGR?

Yep. I'm willing to bet your tunes already have the egr disabled