OK OK I have a question for everyone including my dyno haters:)

duramini2001

Just for fun went to the ET calculator, Says at that weight it took 1772 horse to run 141 at 8100 pounds.. For all my dyno haters thats on the track UNCORRECTED Funny thing is the dyno read out at 1436 that same morning right next to the track:) Not my dyno either:) hummmmmm Which is wrong, the trap speed, or dyno Food for thought Not trying to stir the pot just found this very interesting. :pop:

Last edited:
Just for fun went to the ET calculator, Says at that weight it took 1772 horse to run 141 at 8100 pounds.. For all my dyno haters thats on the track UNCORRECTED Funny thing is the dyno read out at 1436 that same morning right next to the track:) Not my dyno either:) hummmmmm Which is wrong, the trap speed, or dyno Food for thought Not trying to stir the pot just found this very interesting. :pop:

When I put it in the calculator it says 1540hp.

HPCalculator.jpg

8100lb race weight???

Sent with a Droid RAZR in one hand and 14,000 volts in the other.

Dpc truck weight in at 8160 with no driver, they made jermy and i get out. I did race the truck with slicks and pulled the dually tires.. Id have to weigh each rim and tire from the truck dry weight, with and with out slicks, i weigh 175, so 8160 minus the tires for slicks plus my weight, is say its dam close to 8100 still give or take 50 pounds either way.

8100lb race weight? Good god, D....why?

Haha my race truck is still at ppe, with the red truck being down still, its all i had to go with this weekend, but had a riot racing and dynoing.. I love racing big heavy trucks, that one is a dam handful down the track tho, i have never driven something that just wont launch like that pig.

Last edited:
I could be wrong but I THINK the ones on here are more accurate for our trucks. I know they're usually not off by very much according to most people that have an actual verified weight and trap speed and an uncorrected dyno.

I could be wrong but I THINK the ones on here are more accurate for our trucks. I know they're usually not off by very much according to most people that have an actual verified weight and trap speed and an uncorrected dyno.

Oh ok thanks man.. Looks like the calculator here vs other sites still has the numbers gaped away from actually dyno vs trap speed, plus they had a 15 percent correction as well.. Here is the kicker .. Ats dpc same shot of nos, same fuel and mods, truck dynoed 1636 3024 foot pounds.. Now that was with a 30 percent correction factor at the time, according to the machine being at 7000 plus on the D A.. Now with that being said dpc mag posts the uncorrected numbers from dpc 2012 for reason the correction factor is not accurate said by most and im sure to not catch flak, maybe jason sands could help me out im just shooting from the hip :) So in closing i just backed up ats dpc 2012 with trap speed vs corrected dyno, and there the SAME for some odd weird reason :) I seem to have alot of dyno haters why:) :pop: Everyone hates on the dyno saying its just a tool for tuning and numbers dont matter.. When in reality maybe there low :) Just found it interesting to those who hate dyno racing :pop:

Last edited:
I don't care for dynos myself, lol, but trap speed and verified weight doesn't lie.

I did 615 on custom autos dyno and did 110mph the night before at 6300lbs. the way i look at it is this: The track is average applied horsepower, there could have been a higher spike at the beginning end middle of the run etc... a dyno measures what you can spike in 5-10 seconds, so dynos wil almost always read a tad higher.

This calculater is dead on with my truck 6019lbs 10.07 966HP I dyno 960 and same with my times last year.
and 6019 135mph 1004hp

Last edited:
I did 615 on custom autos dyno and did 110mph the night before at 6300lbs. the way i look at it is this: The track is average applied horsepower, there could have been a higher spike at the beginning end middle of the run etc... a dyno measures what you can spike in 5-10 seconds, so dynos wil almost always read a tad higher.

Ok ok my point is this, im disagreeing with you about the dyno spiking, im telling you its a myth and anyone who wants to argue, i just proved over the weekend with direct numbers and same day results, with the dyno being right at the track and numbers being lower than actual, that your wrong about it reading high... PERIOD Not trying to offend you just calling it what it is. Your telling me that "spiking" the dyno for 5 to 10 seconds is different from the track in the same amount of time???? Given you theory is over "applied" average power??

Last edited:
This calculater is dead on with my truck 10.07 966HP I dyno 960 and same with my times last year.

I agree with you guys, i didnt know some were accurate and some were not thank you.. But my original point was the difference between corrected numbers and not vs trap vs internet ninjas :) With the comp D calc which were going off of now, which is fine with me, the uncorrected numbers at dpc were lower in actual vs real output of the truck... the corrected 1636 was less than a 100 off vs the uncorrected "ACCURATE" 300 the other way, at the challenge?? So actual was proven to be closer to the corrected number.. Now everyone says my corrected numbers are 300, 400 high right?? Well seems we have new data is all im trying to prove here :)

Last edited:
Ok ok my point is this, im disagreeing with you about the dyno spiking, im telling you its a myth and anyone who want to argue, i just proved over the weekend with direct numbers and same day results that your wrong about it reading high... PERIOD Not trying to offend you just calling it what it is.

This calculator has me at 569 with the 110mph trap and 6300 race weight, and I did 615 the next day, on your dyno too! haha

your not offending me, its just interesting to see the differences :pop: