Ok please someone help me with this, steering issue

greencummins

So Ive got this clunk in my steering in my 01 that I cant get rid of. I can pretty much feel bumps in the road through my steering wheel and it drives me nuts. Its like hitting a bunch of pebbles going fast and just irritates the hell outa me. Also, when I come to a stop, or take off, any time the the nose of the truck is dipping or raising up, I feel a clunk in the wheel. So far i have replaced everything in the front end besides two tie rods (they arent junk yet and I want to convert to the 4th gen steering), I installed the rock solid ram steering bushing, steering box brace and thats about it. My next guess is the steering box and the intermediate shaft. Truck has 315s on it but going to 285s next, stock height no leveling kit or anything, good sway bar end links. what is it? my truck is literally the only one Ive driven with this problem.

Thanks guys

Tighten up the Allen bolt in the top of the box by a half turn. It sounds like the play is in the box itself...

I have the same issue, but mine are in the shocks. Both sets of replacement shocks slide up and down in the lower mount when hitting small bumps.