Ol Blue build thread with ? and pics

smokjunky

Just the new guy
so i got the mani,adaptor,turbo,and the oil lines all installed.went to install the dp i got from stainless for the 2nd gen swap and it was a no go.it would not line up either the ac lines or the coolant lines would hit.

i did install the mani and turbo right didnt I
IMG_1004_zps02b3a112.jpg

IMG_1005_zps3ea94e2c.jpg

above the coolant line
IMG_0994_zpsd5f38069.jpg

this is under the coolant line
IMG_0995_zps3246454c.jpg

this is the right down pipe right
IMG_0998_zpsf42a8a6b.jpg

Last edited:
so since the exhaust wouldnt line up i moved back to the fuel pump haha.so i got the tank dropped and pulled the guts out.got my hole drilled for the tube and now the nut wont screw wont the bolt haha.on the paper DTT sent me it says the whole top comes off the pump but i dont see how it does.

this is the hole i drilled and what do i do about the stem with the black clip thats the one for the old fuel pump?
IMG_0999_zpsf1dc179f.jpg

how does this top come off
IMG_10002_zpsf8191f84.jpg

this is the draw straw is it short enough? it looks as if the white tube compresses so does that mean i have to cut it shorter?
IMG_10012_zps2dff9a98.jpg

I believe you need to rotate your center section on the turbo to put the drain at the bottom.
Your down pipe problem could be your turbo adapter.
Not sure on the fuel module, never had mine out.

Last edited:
Yes that drain issues will not work. Needs clocked

Thanks u guys does the canister and draw straw look right.and what am I supposed to do with the tube with with black clip thats for the fuel line for the old pump?

Stainless makes a 3rd gen coolant line that you need to clear down pipe
It moves line out of the way.

so late last night i got the mani and turbo flipped the right way.got the down pipe all lined,muff ,flex and stack all mounted up so im finally done with the exhaust side haha.

IMG_1006_zps72cd6c62.jpg

i did notice that the neg battery wire is a little close to the exhaust side so im goin move it a little closer to the intake side.also the air condition lines were alittle close too.

IMG_1007_zps9681a85a.jpg

IMG_1009_zps0159ca4a.jpg

my next question is for the DTT on the fuel lines do i just take down all the old metal ones and install the rubber hose i was given for the pump out and cp3 return?and how do i sucure the lines they dont fit in the old clamps on the frame.do i use zip ties lmfao

So a little update nothing got wrenched on In a couple days the weathers been pretty bad.so hopefully this weekend the tank and lines will be back on the truck.