OMG I almost went through the windshield!

Jff24Gordn

FIRE
OK, maybe I didn't stop that fast but it is a BIG improvement. I put hydroboost on my 93. KTA put it on his trailer puller, and I needed this on mine. Brian did it with 85 chevy parts, but I couldnt find a 85 with hydroboost in my quick search, but I did find a chevy made 95 fed-ex truck in a junkyard and got a new 95 master cylinder, 85 chevy 1 3/16" wheel cylinders. I also plumbed around the ABS valve. A little JB weld and some redneck engineering and it all works.

Some of my other reengineering is also visible in the pics. The fuse box is out of a 94 exploder because the stock fuseable link setup was corroded to the point that I had to hotwire it to drive it home when I bought it.
With the mix of parts , my 93 is becoming a AMC (All Makes Combined.)

Attachments

• breaks1.jpg
    breaks1.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 65
  • breaks2.jpg
    breaks2.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 48
  • breaks3.jpg
    breaks3.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 41
  • breaks4.jpg
    breaks4.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 43
  • breaks5.jpg
    breaks5.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 37
  • breaks6.jpg
    breaks6.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 50
  • breaks1a.jpg
    breaks1a.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 41
  • breaks2a.jpg
    breaks2a.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 34
  • breaks3a.jpg
    breaks3a.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 57
:Cheer: looks good! I am trying to locate and gather parts for this install myself. How much a pain was it? I think KTA said something about a clearance issue. Did u run into any problems with clearance?
Did you have to custom fab anything other then the push rod? Good job on that, looks factory! :ylsuper:

Well, I did use a 12v 2nd gen intake horn.
I cut the factory steering lines down and put compression fittings on them to get them to 3/8 JIC for the booster. The bracket used on the fed ex truck for the booster has the right bold pattern if you put a C clamp on it and press it down about half of an inch.
The vaccume T that is stuck in the booster is pretty simple to get around, just fill the outlet that goes into the booster full of JB Weld.

Brian Block aka KTA did the same thing to his 93 with old chevy parts and so I did the same.

Well after a few moths, I blew out my master cylinder on the way to indy. Maybe my booster has too much boost?

wow, that sucks. What exactly happened? What master did you use, the stocker or off of the 1st gen? Its been forever but i cant remember if you have to use the stock one or not. It is a very good possibility the hydro just pushes to hard for the non hydro master.

I used the cheep lifetime warantes master from autozone. It is supposed to fit a 95 chevy 1 ton with hydroboost.

huh, well thats odd. If its under warantee, try again. Maybe just a crap rebuilt one, I had to return 2 to advance auto from a hydroboost chev that woulnt bleed on one side of the master, then refused to push any pressure.
Hope this doesnt become a problem every six months!
Like the new avatar by the way. :hehe:

My Hydroboost still works fine no issues and 20000 miles grosing 24000lbs all the time. :)