One thing led to another. Build thread.

It going be done in time for the first race of the season in bakersfield? Awesome build by the way ??

It going be done in time for the first race of the season in bakersfield? Awesome build by the way ??

Negative. That was my goal, but i can't see it happening now. Sucks, but good things take time i guess.

I got my fiberglass doors from them. they fit perfect . good luck buddy !! you gonna make Bakersfield ? I assume the truck wont but oh well .

Unless something crazy happens at work, i'm there!

DAMN, YOU AREN'T MESSING AROUND!

great planning/execution/attention to detail!

please keep us updated! I remember back when you melted your motor sled pulling, but it seems like you are going full speed ahead with this build.

This!!! ^^

Awesome man! Simply Outstanding!

After watching milliken and drake go sideways at the top of the track, I knew the death wobble struggle was real. Although lots of guys go fast with 100% stock parts, I decided to spend a little extra and beef up the front end. Cory is pretty sharp on this stuff, so all I had to do was figure out what material, rod ends, and tube adapters I wanted to run, and he handled all the fab work. Criteria for this part of the build: stronger and lighter. We used all chromoly tubing, chromoly rod ends, and tube adapters.

BBA9B4E0-0967-4290-A8D7-CB4CF9E66067_zps9nutfbol.jpg

passenger side mock up with factory wheel. I don't have a picture of the 16" wheel mounted, but it clears.

12248AA7-F203-44E3-AA92-7E6AE2F34460_zpspl2krz9a.jpg

562575F6-5CC6-4E75-B573-D263428560B8_zpsfmhhsuxj.jpg

tie rod

763B2A6C-C43D-4B67-B2BB-4B525F23D658_zpsrlodjh3l.jpg

Tie rod mocked up

6696A32F-2103-4CDF-8B32-AE0F81D2B2E6_zpsrrwgbrpn.jpg

The drag link, track bar, and control arms will be done the same way.

The Dow Brothers definitely rock. I have been watching them for years and they know their stuff

Did you buy 2nd gen brackets for the front and rear? Were you able to get the brackets at the parts store?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you buy 2nd gen brackets for the front and rear? Were you able to get the brackets at the parts store?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Assuming you're talking about the calipers, I got the loaded calipers from napa for a 2001. They came with brackets.

Yes, sorry about that. Brake caliper brackets.

So thats all you had to buy? Rotors and loaded calipers.

Brake lines mated up okay, and the caliper mounts weren't an issue?

Yes, sorry about that. Brake caliper brackets.

So thats all you had to buy? Rotors and loaded calipers.

Brake lines mated up okay, and the caliper mounts weren't an issue?

I had to grind one little corner on the front brackets. Like 3 seconds worth of grinding. The banjo bolts were a different thread pitch. If i recall, ones from a ford expedition fit it.

Looks like you have a hell of a hotrod in the works.

Intermediate loop is in. Built a little oversize incase a big aluminum driveshaft ever finds it's way under there.

AA6724C5-7F87-45BC-941B-D0AAB2C31AE2_zpsaqz3g3wm.jpg

Rear shock mounts relocated.

E2BFA8BE-D683-4ECA-B307-ECAA3DC20753_zpsile1mw5j.jpg

I should have taken a "before" picture. But I got the transfer case looking presentable.

0D0F6C57-C6FE-4970-AE6A-4D5AF2B3BF5B_zpsrwlrwel8.jpg

Hopefully the machine shop will get the sleeves pressed in this week and get the block and crank back to me. I'm still trying to decide what rods to run.

Intermediate loop is in. Built a little oversize incase a big aluminum driveshaft ever finds it's way under there.

AA6724C5-7F87-45BC-941B-D0AAB2C31AE2_zpsaqz3g3wm.jpg

Rear shock mounts relocated.

E2BFA8BE-D683-4ECA-B307-ECAA3DC20753_zpsile1mw5j.jpg

I should have taken a "before" picture. But I got the transfer case looking presentable.

0D0F6C57-C6FE-4970-AE6A-4D5AF2B3BF5B_zpsrwlrwel8.jpg

Hopefully the machine shop will get the sleeves pressed in this week and get the block and crank back to me. I'm still trying to decide what rods to run.

I was just going to ask what rods you planned on using. My suggestion is R&R! We have used around 10 sets of their rods, (including a couple sets of 6.4 rods) and they are very nice.

Damn nice build JP. I knew you had plans for the truck but didn't think you were going this far. Very nice and clean work. Can't wait to see it in person. I should have known you would go all out without intending to.