OnStar

killer

I was checking out an '09 Chevy and the saleswoman told me that once a month OnStar runs a diagnostic check and send you the results. My first thought was I wonder if they'd notice that I tuned the truck with a programmer and removed the DPF. If I was going to buy a new GM, I'd be getting rid of that DPF at the earliest opportunity. I wonder if OnStar would catch it and what kind of problems it would cause.

im sure you can decline onstar and it may just be on the more expensive trucks and im sure you always pay for it, with the way truck sells are down you might get a better deal on a older new one thats not sold or a great used one unless you just wanted to have the newest one the block its up to you

you get onstar free for a year with chevys right? and i think you can sign up for it to email you stuff you dont have to have it

they said onstar doesn't share that with the dealerships I haven't got in trouble for having a programer I'm taking my DPF off asap

for crying out freaking loud, NO ONSTAR CANT TELL YOU HAVE A CHIP, NO THEY WONT SEND YOU A TICKET IF YOU SPEED, AND NO THEY ARENT LISTENING TO WHAT YOU ARE SAYING INSIDE THE CABIN.

jeezums there are a lot of paranoid people out there. Im sorry if I responded harshly, its just that these threads drive me nuts because I have seen at least 78,000 of them. Go over on DP, I can think of about 10 that are going right now. If you are paranoid about onstar spying on you, then cancel your credit cards, disconnect your phone, get rid of your cell phone, and dont leave your house.

ben

for crying out freaking loud, NO ONSTAR CANT TELL YOU HAVE A CHIP, NO THEY WONT SEND YOU A TICKET IF YOU SPEED, AND NO THEY ARENT LISTENING TO WHAT YOU ARE SAYING INSIDE THE CABIN.

jeezums there are a lot of paranoid people out there. Im sorry if I responded harshly, its just that these threads drive me nuts because I have seen at least 78,000 of them. Go over on DP, I can think of about 10 that are going right now. If you are paranoid about onstar spying on you, then cancel your credit cards, disconnect your phone, get rid of your cell phone, and dont leave your house.

ben

Read the first post again. I didn't say anything about paranoia, I wanted to know if during a diagnostic check it would find something was wrong and put the truck into limp mode or something. Maybe there is no such thing as "limp mode", I don't know. I don't know a whole pile about GMs (or Dodges, for that matter) so I asked a simple question that as far as I can tell hasn't been asked on these forums yet. I suppose the tuners are able to handle that also so it wouldn't be an issue but I wanted to know for sure.

they are not allowed to share information with any dealers.
it's all just for your own knowledge.
mod away :rockwoot:

Back