Opened some virgin eyes today...

joefarmer

MR. Supreme Overlord
I drug my 'smelly diesel farm truck' to the local ColumbusRacing dyno day today. :hehe: No one suspected the John Deere mudflaps were worth any HP, but they managed to lay down 485/749 on fuel (stupid marine ppump) and 591/1058 on spray. The best part was coming home to this post on columbusracing.com:

"...IPS dyno record for torque was set by Brandon Miller (joefarmer) with his Dodge diesel, at 591rwhp/1058rwtq and he managed to blow away part of the garage door (30 feet up) with his exhaust"

I blew the alarm sensor off the garage door just north of 2900 rpm on the second pull. Had alot of people freaked out with the smoke. LOL The good news is that we're invited back whenever we want, as long as the smoke can escape the building. Plus, IPS has nitrous refills. :woohoo: I'll post the graph as soon as they email it over. The curve looks excellent, >500hp from ~2500-3900, exactly the range of my valve body.

brandon.

dude that freakin awesome, what other vehicles were there?

Brand new Dynojet 248C, 6 weeks old. It's an all-wheel-drive dyno, but you can choose to just run either roller. I ran in 2wd with the rear roller. Highest HP record so far is a blown alky Nova with 1076hp, so I have to try a little harder for that record. Those were uncorrected numbers, yet the correction factor was 0.169% or about 1HP in my case.

brandon.

Yep...it was a good time...to bad I didn't get quite as good of numbers as Brandon. But I'll keep trying!!!

Chris

378 is not a bad number to start from chris maybe a little of*nx* will help:rockwoot:

acampb12 said:
378 is not a bad number to start from chris maybe a little of*nx* will help:rockwoot:

Yep...by the time the charger spooled, the cam was out of steam. A little spray, and a cam would go a long way!

I'm trying to find someone to make me a tighter housing for this GT4088R...but right now I'm coming up with nothing!

Chris

BTW, plenty of fuel...
Picture005.jpg

Way to vandalize the place Brandon lol. And they invited you back lol...

Nope...just us diesels:D:D

Everyone was standing in the doorway when I started...you can see they scattered! I'll bet they didn't make the same mistake with Brandon's truck!!

Chris

You (Chris) should have twice the fuel of mine with that setup. I'll post the graphs when Brandon emails them to me. The difference in cams is amazing.

brandon.

joefarmer said:
You (Chris) should have twice the fuel of mine with that setup. I'll post the graphs when Brandon emails them to me. The difference in cams is amazing.

brandon.

I don't know about twice...but I should have more fuel than I do!

Cam, what cam??
Chris:poke:

Yeah...my cam does a great job...too bad someone stole it and is using it in their truck:doh: :doh:

Chris:st:

I did the same thing with my truck when I first started bombing it. I went to a Nissan 240sx Dyno Day.....all I had was a BHAF and a #10 plate and timing at 23* and I plopped down 412hp. I laid down the highest HP for the day by 125hp :) Everyone there had no idea what happened, a diesel just wooped the pants off every car there(about 30 cars).

I went back to the next dyno day after I did some more mods and the shop said they wouldn't let any trucks back on the dyno....I suspect that they didn't want a diesel to steal the show again :hehe: