Opinions on 66/478 for twins

Deputydog

Proud Fummins Owner
I'm getting ready to do twins and trying to narrow down turbos. I currently have an E.D. 66/74/14 w/ billet wheel. I really like the turbo and it spools well. I was thinking of having Chris build a billet 478 as the primary.

Any input or suggestions are appreciated.

i have a buddy running the same fueling setup you have but he has a 64 over a 480 and it spools awesome so like he said i would go bigger on the primary id say 80mm minimum

Either bigger primary, or smaller secondary.

Whats the truck used for? Why not way bigger?

I don't tow with it. It a DD and play truck (track/dyno).

Trying to avoid driving a laggy pig!!

I don't tow with it. It a DD and play truck (track/dyno).

Trying to avoid driving a laggy pig!!
I think you would out grow the 78 pretty fast.

You could also try something with a 92 turbine instead of the more common 96.

That's what I got coming next week, 82/92/1.10 or 1.25 ar. Can't remeber the ar but its smaller the 1.36 that comes with the 96 tubine.

I have a ED billet 66-74-14 / with a ED billet S480 96x88 in a 1.1 housing... I moved up from a E.D billet S476 1.1 housing... The 476 was more fun to drive around town, the 480 makes much more power.

the 478 seems like a real good compromise. I'd personally stick with the bigger 96x88 exhaust wheel, especially on a CR. I have towed 13k with no issues in hilly Pa...

Last edited:
i agree i would suggest going to a bigger lp turbo. something like bsmith said but i like it even bigger like a 88/92/1.10.. if you think its to laggy then you will have an excuse to put a big cam in.. then you will just need more fuel... lol..
for real your small turbo is what makes the spoolup happen..

The hot ticket right now has been the 82mm comp wheel with the 92mm LDP turbine and 1.10A/R T6 housing. Spool WAY faster then the 96mm turbine wheel and will support the flow as well.