Opinions on injector dilemma

Ken in AZ

ill-tempered
OK, opinions are like ______'s everyone has one :lolly:

so here is my dilemma...

I bought a set of used 370's not knowing about the new Bosch 90hp injector. I wanted to be on the safe side so I took them down to TAD here in phoenix to get pop tested. found out they all needed to be rebuilt so I spent the coin to get them redone and re-popped. Now they are like NEW.

My question would be should I sell them and buy the bosch 90hp injectors? how much difference would the correct spray patterm make? smoke wise, hp wise, EGT wise, etc...

would it be worth the hassle? Would I be missing out on a huge amount? is there that much of a difference between the 2 spray patters? has anyone used the new bosch 90hp injector yet?

I'm already at a loss on these, could have bought a set of custom EDM's already for what I am into on these but who cares :doh: i have already accepted this

I think (again opinion here) but if you've got those and spent the money to get them fixed that I would stick with them for a decent amount of time (say 6 months) and get a real feel for what they are like. At that time, decide whether or not you want them out and replaced with something else.

yeah, just read another thread on cumminsforum abouth the difference between New Era edm 370's and PDR 370's, said he didn't notice anything on the butt dyno and smoke was a tiny bit less

I'm just gonna go for it and throw in these 370's, at leaset i know they are all matched to within 10psi pop

I got the thinnest washers they had so I'm guessing that will help some, and when I say thin.....way thinner than the stock washers...like almost paper thin

putting them in tonight :ylsuper:

Smokem said:
Just set the timing to the correct plunger lift, then see how you get along with them.

I'm gonna drop the timing to 16* that seems to be popular

I'm with Wyatt. Since you paid so much to get them right, you might as well install them. I'm sure you'll be happy. Especially when you hit the go pedal. :ylsuper: :evil

Smokem said:
Whats your setup again? What thickness washers were installed on your stock injectors, and what thickness is your head gasket?

Injector washers are stock and its .20 hg I believe..

welp...the verdict is in

Idle has a nice little lope to it, noticably quieter with a lower tone to it.

Acceleration is a bit smoother and it easily smokes the clutch....egt's are higher but the boost really wasn't able to build because the clutch was slipping :(

time to pull the plate back and start saving some coin for a SBC DD or a built auto

**edit** stock injector shims were .020" and so were the new ones. Marine HG is a .020" thicker. I set the injector pump lift to 5.6mm

Last edited:
well, just being me here, but what about all the guys that run 16* with the 370's? I never hear of burnt pistons

wouldn't running that low of timing cause alot of the fuel to be thrown out the tailpipe causing more smoke

What are the 90hp Bosch injectors?? Are they the right injector for our pistons??

Chris

Any idea where I can find some more info on them?? Or where/who I should talk to about getting a set??

Thanks, I hadn't heard about those yet!!
Chris

Signature600 said:
Any idea where I can find some more info on them?? Or where/who I should talk to about getting a set??

Thanks, I hadn't heard about those yet!!
Chris

neither had i till after I bought these injectors

honestly they don't smoke too bad, I just noticed a little stumble this morning, but really nothing as far as drivability...almost runs smoother than the 215's probably mostly because the timing was at 24.5*