Opinions on twins for 1000 hp DD

I had a 60/80 twin set in a commonrail Dodge. Made 900hp to the wheels and street drove amazing. I've now got a 61.5/95 twin set with bigger sticks and it still street drives awesome just with an even stronger top end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

is your 66 gated?

No sir, it made 847 before ejecting an injector.... but Im happy with the power it puts out and havent messed with it much. With 2 CP3's and big sticks it still cleans it up pretty good.

That and I daily drive it with a stock 200K mile bottom end, so dont want that to make an exit stage left anytime soon!

If I was you I would consider a 464 over a 480. Has been proven to make 1k and not have to run a gate. I love my 464 i am running a .90 housing on mine and love the spool up. You might have to run a 1.0 to keep your dp in check at 1k. But I really am impressed with this charger and I think a lot of people over look it. I will never run another s300 as a secondary or single

If I was you I would consider a 464 over a 480. Has been proven to make 1k and not have to run a gate. I love my 464 i am running a .90 housing on mine and love the spool up. You might have to run a 1.0 to keep your dp in check at 1k. But I really am impressed with this charger and I think a lot of people over look it. I will never run another s300 as a secondary or single

I agree with this. The S400 will take more abuse than a S300, especially assuming you're not going to gate it, and the smaller comp wheel S400s spool up almost as well as a S300 will. I feel a FMW S467/83/.90 over a FMW S482/96/1.32 set up would be awesome, and is most likely the route I'll go on my truck at the beginning of the year.

The new 63sxe turbo comes stock with 360 thrust bearing and fmw it is said to flow as much air as the old 66 did

Woods5, I had thought about running a s464/s400 or 500 setup but was told it would be a very angry truck on the street. Haha. I put a s366 over a s483 and like it a lot compared to previous single. I may try the s464 if it isn't to bad on the street.

Black ram
I recently got my truck back 2wks ago from having the engine built and the new turbo setup. I came from a 62/65/12 and this s464/83/.90 spools just as good or not better than my old secondary. It's really schocked me I was expecting some lag. And to top it off I don't even have a tune on the truck or dual pumps. I figured I didn't need the extra power right now breaking in the new engine lol

Good deal, that's great to hear. I was gonna run a similar setup for my 6.7 truck, may have to give it a shot on the 5.9 first. Haha. Thanks.

Hey guys, I'm trying to do a Mach up for my primary mount using a stock turbo because I'm waiting on my sxe turbo . Wondering how different the intake is positioned between the two turbos . Im doing a side by side twin turbo style and I have a 1.5 inch thick stainless spacer between the turbo and manifold because I plan to matching it later and make the spacer a"gate plate" . This thing just looks like it's way too high what you think?

e081e49f8d87b106a364dc698e5a1e1d.jpg