Opinions Please 12V vs P Pumper 24V

Sniper32

Ok yall I need some advice/opinions. Im looking at starting a project truck in the near future. Im going to be doing a restomod and want to throw a Cummins into it. Id prefer to keep it mechanical so I dont have to mess with the computers and dont have to transplant the gauge cluster. Im stuck between a 12V and a p-pumped 24V. So what are your thoughts?

Im a Ford guy so I dont have too much knowledge on Cummins, but have been talking with some friends about it and getting pushed towards the p pumped 24v. My end goal is a 600ish hp, but i want it clean for when im cruising around. I will probably put it on the strip every now and then too.

What are the reasons you are being pushed towards a p-pumped 24v?

Ill put it this way:

My 01 ppumped 24v was my favorite truck I have ever owned. It was everything I could ever want or need. However, the conversion lines were enough for me to just sell the truck. They are so god awful. At first I was positive about it but they got to be such a pain. They would leak and leak and leak. They never fit correctly and none of the replacement lines ever fit correctly. I was so scared of them I never drove the truck far and never wanted to work on it. I got fed up to the point of just selling it.

My 12 valve I own now is awesome.

Smoken02- the main reason is the better flowing head allowing better/cleaner (which is important to me for cruising) performance. Not saying that you cant have a clean 12v, thats just what me and my buddy have been talking about. And the one piece valve cover also gives it a better look, but i think there may be one piece covers for 12vs now

I love my p pumped 24v and would take it over any 12v I've driven, but then again I've never driven a 700 hp 12v. If I was doing a swap and wanted 600hp Id probably just do a 12v though. Mostly based on cost.

Btw, I've had mine p-pumped for 6 years or so and drove it for 3-4 of those years as my DD and have never had a single issue with my injection lines.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk