Optima Battery

most people run red top, but of you are drawing a lot of power with accessories like winch and lights i would say a yellow top

I run yellows here. But I will be running Deka Intimidators by East Penn Manufacturing for my next pair.

Dont forget the big yellow, D31A & D31T. I have one in my 96.
Cold Cranking Amps @ 0 F 900
Cranking Amps @ 32 F 1125
Reserve Capacity 155
COMMERCIAL YELLOWTOP WARRANTY INFORMATION
D31A, D31T Commercial 24 months free replacement.

Dont forget the big yellow, D31A & D31T. I have one in my 96.
Cold Cranking Amps @ 0 F 900
Cranking Amps @ 32 F 1125
Reserve Capacity 155
COMMERCIAL YELLOWTOP WARRANTY INFORMATION
D31A, D31T Commercial 24 months free replacement.

That bat is larger and would not fit in my battery box like the red top did and was not strong enough for me to switch to a single battery. That battery has 2 year free replacement...but after that...no warranty. Red tops are covered for 6 years. The first 3 are full replacement, then the last 3 are prorated. Their prorated warranty is pretty nice, too. The out of pocket expense to replace a battery under their prorated warranty is very minimal.

I run dual orbitals from NAPA. I think they are called .. heck..I don't remember what they are called. But they are like 72 or 84 month batteries. I bought a set in 2001 for my 1999 truck and ran them until I sold that truck then put them in this truck and just replaced them both two months ago. They made it almost 7 years. I love them. Crank great in the cold and lasted me a long long time. Only $165 each! :D

Only $165 each! :D

A little spendy aren't they? I sell red tops for about $140, yellows are sround $170 nowadays.

4 Red's in 2 trucks...2 are 5 years old, 2 are 2 years old...both have been drained numerous times by radios, running lights, etc. Give them a good jolt with a high amp charge, and they're good to go again!

Chris

I used to be a huge Optima fan, even still have an older one in the Grand. After they sold out the quality went down hill fast. I had a red top in my Willys for like 10 years and beat the crap out of it. I bought one for another vehicle and it lasted 1 year, got it replaced and that one last a little over a year. Know a lot of off-roaders who have had the same trouble.

Just my $.02

I run 2 RED Top's, and they SUCK!!!
If I cycle the key for the glow plugs more then 5 times, they are DEAD!!!
And they are less then 3 years old. Yes I have a stereo, but no off road lights, or winches, or anything else that can draw them down.
I think I would go with the Yellow tops, or, try a set of Oddessy batteries.

I have Odyssey batteries in my truck. They are awesome. They are something like a 4 year free replacement.

I have tested Optima's at work and I'm not all that impressed. The spiral cell design is not energy storage friendly.

I have Yellow Tops in my truck. But if they go bad I'll replace with a cheaper brand.

Dad has yellows and I like them a lot better because he has a large fuel tank and we don't have to run the truck to pump fuel.