Ordering lines. What size should I get?

You didn't miss anything. Cams do not produce a lope in a diesel.

ummm, yeah they do.... not off the shelf b,s everyone on here buys, i got a custom grind, heavy duration and overlays to help drive charger, u can't call it a lope but its not smooth as stock as ppl talk about on here

Why are the lines so expensive? The materials can't be that expensive (at least the mild steel) and I can't imagine the labor is that intensive on bending these things since they probably use a jig to do it anyways. I've figured out how to pay/sell/scheme every other part but these dang lines.

Why are the lines so expensive? The materials can't be that expensive (at least the mild steel) and I can't imagine the labor is that intensive on bending these things since they probably use a jig to do it anyways. I've figured out how to pay/sell/scheme every other part but these dang lines.

i was thinking the exact same thing today while i was looking at some lines....

If I knew how to bend my own I would but I don't so I'm gonna have to end up forking over the dough. I've got my VP sold, gonna sell the adr/pulse for cheap to get rid of it and those will buy the pump and parts, gonna spend half a paycheck on the oil line, fitting, gear housing, cam sensor bracket, POT, and possibly TPS, just gotta figure out how to buy the dang lines. If I could figure out how to do that I could have this swap done next week.

Tyler,

One member on here...name escapes me now....made his own lines. He told me he had about 200-225 in just the material for the lines due to the odd wall thickness. He cut the ends off of the head side of the VP lines and had them brazed on or soldered or some other method..again can't remember. The pump side he got the fittings for. He said with materials and the headache that he had bending them up, he would never do it again.

Really? Hmm. Interesting. I know they are a pia to bend that's why I'm not even bothering but I wouldn't imagine the materials being that expensive.

Really? Hmm. Interesting. I know they are a pia to bend that's why I'm not even bothering but I wouldn't imagine the materials being that expensive.

Let me see if I can dig up the email and some pics.

From his email:

it was tons of time. The bending part was not that bad, but then you have to prep and weld the fittings on each end, then drill the line clear in case you got a bit too much penetration with the weld etc. etc.. hours and hours of work. And really, if you factor in the cost of the tubing, which was actually over $200 because of fthe very unusual wall thickness, its not terribly bad to spend $500 on a set of lines from Haisley....

The emails don't have his username in them unfortunately.

Short of doing it his way with welding the ends on, which would work with stock line size, you would have to flare the ends of the line which could be a handful due to the size of the line. I know flaring 1/4" brake line compared to 3/16" is more difficult - granted its not quite the same thing but still not a small task.

Attachments

• IMG_8114s.jpg
    IMG_8114s.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_8123s.jpg
    IMG_8123s.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 71
I think another member actually took his VP lines and bent them to fit the swap...

but alas, I'm far too lazy to look that thread up.

From his email:

The emails don't have his username in them unfortunately.

Short of doing it his way with welding the ends on, which would work with stock line size, you would have to flare the ends of the line which could be a handful due to the size of the line. I know flaring 1/4" brake line compared to 3/16" is more difficult - granted its not quite the same thing but still not a small task.

Dang! Did that guy build everything from scratch? The lines, throttle components... everything definitely aren't from Chrysler or one of the diesel shops. I do like the route he took on the lines compared to my Haisley(Scheid actually) lines.

By the way, I went with mild steel .093 also... And since they don't fit perfectly, I think the mild steel would be easier to tweek if you had to make them fit.

I think another member actually took his VP lines and bent them to fit the swap...

but alas, I'm far too lazy to look that thread up.

I doubt you could rebend VP lines that much to make them fit without kinking or breaking them. Plus you would still have to cut the pump end off to fit the outlets on the P7100.

Dang! Did that guy build everything from scratch? The lines, throttle components... everything definitely aren't from Chrysler or one of the diesel shops. I do like the route he took on the lines compared to my Haisley(Scheid actually) lines.

By the way, I went with mild steel .093 also... And since they don't fit perfectly, I think the mild steel would be easier to tweek if you had to make them fit.

Yeah I believe he said he wanted to make the lines - not really to save money. He did build all the linkage also. Pretty sick setup if you ask me.

ummm, yeah they do.... not off the shelf b,s everyone on here buys, i got a custom grind, heavy duration and overlays to help drive charger, u can't call it a lope but its not smooth as stock as ppl talk about on here

The 'off the shelf everday BS' people buy on here are drop in cams. Drop in cams are meant so nothing needs modification in order to install it. As for your cam, I'm sure yours isn't the only one in existance with the same specs, so yours is pretty much 'off the shelf everday BS' isn't it. :D I don't care how big your duration is and I don't care how big your overlap is. Diesels don't have vacuum, therefore there can't be a loss, and/or rapid increase in vacuum in order to make it lope. If you're truck has a cam in it big enough to make it run rough, the engine is missing... Fix it. As for lope caused by lines, it may not be good for anything, but it sure isn't bad either. Just putting the governor through a little turmoil. As for line size I recommend .093 crossovers, .093 lines, and .093 delivery valve holders.

The 'off the shelf everday BS' people buy on here are drop in cams. Drop in cams are meant so nothing needs modification in order to install it. As for your cam, I'm sure yours isn't the only one in existance with the same specs, so yours is pretty much 'off the shelf everday BS' isn't it. :D I don't care how big your duration is and I don't care how big your overlap is. Diesels don't have vacuum, therefore there can't be a loss, and/or rapid increase in vacuum in order to make it lope. If you're truck has a cam in it big enough to make it run rough, the engine is missing... Fix it. As for lope caused by lines, it may not be good for anything, but it sure isn't bad either. Just putting the governor through a little turmoil. As for line size I recommend .093 crossovers, .093 lines, and .093 delivery valve holders.

ur right... in certain aspects... im not gunna argue, but ur wrong in others... i know its not missing, it runs way too good to be missing.... but w.e we'll leave it at that, but back to the thread... .093 j/ like this man says...

ur right... in certain aspects... im not gunna argue, but ur wrong in others... i know its not missing, it runs way too good to be missing.... but w.e we'll leave it at that, but back to the thread... .093 j/ like this man says...

Video your truck and put this discussion at rest.

EDIT: Glad to see you back Weston.

I already have .120 connector tubes, could I run .093 lines? I'm gathering parts for a p-pump before my vp leaves me walking:doh: