Our collection

I stopped by on my way out to IL and looked at his collection. I think I have 150 or so pictures from there. Let me work on getting them onto Photobucket and linking them here.

Here is the link to my Photobucket account and the tractor album. Enjoy.

[ame="http://s211.photobucket.com/albums/bb51/06DIESEL/Mayer%20Tractor%20Collection/"]Mayer Tractor Collection pictures by 06DIESEL - Photobucket[/ame]

Chris, Have you found any more or taken any more pictures of yall's collection?

Travis has a few....browse them and tell me what you want more of.

wow, thats a lot of tractors. nice collection. I grew up plowing in a mm g1355 cab
like the one in the pic. lots of lugging power!
would like to see the 50 series mm hiding behind that 1870 white.
winter plans for me are building a mm g1050 hot farm with a 8.3 cummins :)

G1050....nothing fancy, needs an injection pump, just a cheap old tractor.

Very nice collection, thanks for sharing. That 6-12 is just about the coolest thing I've ever seen

Thank You

I stopped by on my way out to IL and looked at his collection. I think I have 150 or so pictures from there. Let me work on getting them onto Photobucket and linking them here.

Nice pictures....good seeing you again Travis, and you're welcome back anytime to see any additions we might make!

Here's one I missed that Travis got....Gleaner Fordson Combine....the FIRST self propelled combine!

P8100175.jpg

Chris

Here's one I missed that Travis got....Gleaner Fordson Combine....the FIRST self propelled combine!

P8100175.jpg

Chris

Not that I want to argue with you about the first self propelled combine... but early and first production self propelled combines interested me several years ago and I did a fair amount of looking for some early examples. Off the top of my head the first patent was awarded to a man named Berry in California for a self propelled harvester where he fed a steam boiler with the waste straw for fuel - this was in the late 1880s early 1980s... he ended up building 5 or 6 of these machines before the patents and his work was purchased by Holt - who in 1912 introduced the first self propelled production combine - then again in 1919, Holt produced the first self propelled combine using all steel construction. The Gleaner model that you have is the first front cut self propelled combine and it produced through the mid 1920s - I don't recall the exact years - but I do recall that only about 500 of them were built in total.

I wish I could find my box of pictures that has gotten misplaced after dad passed away and I was reorganizing things.... I have tons of hard copy photos of randomly cool stuff at events as well as some copies of some very unique and old original stuff - like a 20 horse team pulling a combine with a 112' head harvesting grain in the late 1800s... that kind of stuff is just uber cool to me - the lets go get it done spirit that allowed so many of those pioneers to build something from nothing and they had to make it all up as they went because there was nothing invented yet that they could even look at to try to improve upon.

Wow - the random crap that I seem to remember.... but yet I can't seem to remember things that I should. LOL

Jason

Come on now, that was a bit uncalled for

Chris

Just giving you a little grief. No harm intended. I know lots of people that don't drink - I might give them all crap for it - but its still their choice and their decision. The world would be a better place if everyone could make their own choices and stick to them.

On to more tractors!

Haha, gotcha

Tractors, yes....I guess I forgot one. MM G1000 Vista Diesel FWA....I'd better get a picture tomorrow....

Chris

Chris, I never knew you had so much. I love the M-M stuff. I had some at one time. I would love to see them and the rest of your collection. I want to see that Vista FWD. Thats rare.

Chris, I never knew you had so much. I love the M-M stuff. I had some at one time. I would love to see them and the rest of your collection. I want to see that Vista FWD. Thats rare.

For what we've seen them bring, we kinda stole it....wasn't running and is a little jacked up....we're still trying to decide if it's staying or leaving....

Welcome anytime.....sometime between now and the Farm Science review we need to clean out the big barn at home to make room for our customer party....

Chris

I would like one of those seats? WOW! This has been quite the collection!

You just inspired me So I'm going to head south to Woodland CA. and visit the Hendrick Ag History Center. Eventually I will have to make a trip to see your collection in person. I enjoy historical equipment. You have a very large collection. Thank you for sharing it.

That looks like a neat collection....lots of crawlers, but they are more popular out that way!

Y'all are welcome to stop by anytime!
Chris

That thing is awesome. :clap:

The one Derek was talking about drooling over....Allis Chalmers 4W-305.
My Uncle sold it new at his store, and we acquired it from the 3rd or 4th owner. Can't remember, but it doesn't matter...it came to us with a valve stuck in a piston, a lobe wiped off the pump cam, 2 split injector tips, a junk final drive, a junk hydraulic pump, 1 gear missing from the tranny, and pieces of the barn that fell down on it still hanging off it. She was rough. Thanks to some hard work from our employees, and one heck of a nice paint job from a good customer and friend, she looks gorgeous today!! they took the cab, tires, axles, everything off to paint it....I think they'll get to do another one at some point.

DSC03785.JPG

Sorry for the single pic...it's in a barn with our farm equipment, and I can't get to the other side. She still works for a living working ground spring and fall, and usually gets loaned out to a customer or two or grain cart use during the fall!

chris

I remember watching a D21 as a kid in the local tractor pulls, it kicked everyone's azz. Very nice.

AC WC High Crop with a AC All Crop 60 Combine....also is our 1934 AC WC with the original tires still.

upload_10000039CA9191_2012.07.23%252C23%253A00%253A13%252C907_CC49B88E.jpg

AC D21 Series II Western (No 3pt or PTO) with an old Forage harvester that I can't remember the model of.

upload_10000039CA9191_2012.07.23%252C23%253A00%253A09%252C647_C4FA6F63.jpg

Should have some more pictures next weekend if the weather holds....might have a couple old MM's coming in.

Chris

Very nice! Just got to finally look through all of the pages/pictures.

Is that 1130 a Wheatland? I really want a 1130/1150.

I am spreading fertilizer right now with our Massey Harris 44 special utility. It was the last tractor on my great grandpas lot and he just brought it home. Was restored by my uncle then me and my dad when I was 15. Sat in the barn for 5 years. Finally got it out this winter, tuned up and runs great!

Back