pulled the 540 out to put in a 72 Dart
(engine was set back 16")

every time I walked past, I kept thinking> Cummins
Will it fit?

Only one way to find out

LOL

full roll cage etc.
89- 5.9
trans from a airport tug (727, low stall converter)
Dana 60
31 x 14.5 - 15

Out of Time>> Sadly the tracks have closed for the season
have to wait for test runs

012_zpsjvpeuyw8.jpg

006_zpsbpafeiiy.jpg

015_zpsy4xtfvmt.jpg

Last edited:
Hellz yea! Cool you kept the VE & 727. Cool as hell it is in that car! Probably have a lot of folks beat right out the gate in the fun per buck category.

Thanks,

I just hated the Satellite sitting, with no engine/trans
I always like to build something different

really wanted to make a "Base Run"
to see what it would do as is.> jumped a tooth on the pump, basic free mods/adjustments

I have 60lbs springs for both intake and exhaust
3800 gov spring
also want to port the head this winter
then later maybe a pair of turbo's

Excellent. I'm in love. Great build!!! Any chance you can go find a long straight non populated road, or is it too cold/ice?

Not sure on your sticks but there are a few decent size 155's for sale right now on here right now.

Love the engine setback!! Any idea what it weighs? Nitrous and water-meth is your friend with a VE if you want to keep it budget. I know one that did 600rwhp with both through a 727, so even if you can only get to 400-500, that thing should still move out!

Excellent. I'm in love. Great build!!! Any chance you can go find a long straight non populated road, or is it too cold/ice?

Not sure on your sticks but there are a few decent size 155's for sale right now on here right now.

I would really like to "Test" it some where :pro:

cold /wet here

plus still have a few things to do

install trans brake
>Mount gauges
Figure out if it is okay to run 12 volt constant to the Shut Down solenoid
I think, I read some where, that the shut off, ran thru a relay, lower voltage?????

need to also find out if a 2nd gen oil pan is shallower than a first

Would be nice to have a little more ground clearance

Love the engine setback!! Any idea what it weighs? Nitrous and water-meth is your friend with a VE if you want to keep it budget. I know one that did 600rwhp with both through a 727, so even if you can only get to 400-500, that thing should still move out!

I do need to weigh it,
I do know it is light.
You can look thru the "Swiss Cheese" at the head lights and see the rear tires... LOL

I'm here Reading , learning, taking notes

It Won't be stock very long

I do need to weigh it,
I do know it is light.
You can look thru the "Swiss Cheese" at the head lights and see the rear tires... LOL

I'm here Reading , learning, taking notes

It Won't be stock very long

There were a few guys who built a Nova about 5 years ago around the same theory...I think it went high 11's on a basically stock non intercooled motor if I remember right.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wUofmj7mK4

From looking at the pans I have (1 first gen, 1 second gen 12v, 1 second gen 24v, and 1 6.7) they're all the same depth. The 1st gen one just has a longer deep section

From looking at the pans I have (1 first gen, 1 second gen 12v, 1 second gen 24v, and 1 6.7) they're all the same depth. The 1st gen one just has a longer deep section

Thanks for that info, maybe that's why I thought they were different (longer depth)

I got until end of Feb to decide what to do.

Have 3 1/2" clearance to the ground
BUT, the pan is the lowest of everything else, even the Safety trans shield..

Thinking about finding a damaged pan
raise and widen the sump.

also wonder
How much oil volume
I could reduce or keep it the same.
>>>1/8 and maybe 1/4 mile races

Last edited:
Back