Over heating 6.7

My buddy had the same issue, not sure what the problem was, have to ask him. i know he had a 6.7 with h&s tuner and he ended up with the same problem, no cab heat and overheating issues. he took it to the dealership twice, and they didn't get the problem fixed. Think he ended up taking it to a diesel garage to get it resolved. let you know what his problem was when i talk to him next.

ok so i took the truck to the dealership and they think its the thermostat in becouse it is not a factory one so we will see, but i dont think that it matters what kind you use as long as it works and the one i had in there did work

I still think it has air in the system. It didn't over heat before and now it is. I still thinks its an air pocket

ok so i took the truck to the dealership and they think its the thermostat in becouse it is not a factory one so we will see, but i dont think that it matters what kind you use as long as it works and the one i had in there did work

Typical dealer reply. Next they will want to put the EGR cooler back in and take the H&S out. Just don't get the run around from the dealer. They are good when they can follow step by step out of a manual to repair the problem. Not much for thinking outside the box. They will fix it for you, don't get me wrong but they will replace everything on the way too.

I see it to often where dealers throw bullshi*t parts at vehicles and blame it on aftermarket to give them reason to change it first. When a simple boiling water trick will show the T stat is fine aftermarket.

Don't be afraid to say enough is enough and walk out of there with it and get a second opinion.

oh we let them put it in and we are going to get it if the T stat dont fix it i am going to put a new radiator in and if that sill don't fix it i will pull the head i might take it to a Diesel shop

I thought you don't need to bleed the cooling system in a cummins. Fill the radiation, start, and keep filling as the engine runs...unless that is considered bleeding...

Does it overheat right away? If so ensure you have coolant flow. You can usually tell by squeezing the upper radiator hose. If that checks out you might just have a head gasket problem

So we pulled the head and didn't find any thing on the head or block suffice or with the gasket. So we are Sending the head out to have it checked, does any one know how to check the vanes in the turbo to see if they are stuck or how to tell if it's take if a **** on me? There is no real shaft play on it I know your going to have a little when it off the truck but it seems fine

Back