Over heating 6.7

the truck never got hot at all even when i first blew the head gasket just filled resavoir up and thats it and now that i replaced head gasket again and head stud it now it fills the resavoir up when i pull a load and thats it.

#1 the original post sounds like a headgasket, turbo really even water cooled won;t make it overheat. At least never seen it. #2 as for banshee1 you should follow directions on the arp papers. then on the last torque go to say 140-150. Then run a few heat cycles thru it and then retorque to the 140-150. pick a number and torque them all to it, and also what type of torque wrench are u using? quality right. surfaces clean right? also straight edge the head and block.

i dont know what they torque them to, they told me that the max torque 125 and they told me the block checked fine but they had the head shaved 8 thousands.im just wondering if the the head was shaved to much?

i dont know what they torque them to, they told me that the max torque 125 and they told me the block checked fine but they had the head shaved 8 thousands.im just wondering if the the head was shaved to much?

Those can be torqed much higher than the 125 listed by ARP. I had the studs in my last 5.9L at 145 ft. lbs. Also, they should be torqed at least 3 times with the last being after running the egine up to normal temps.

Those can be torqed much higher than the 125 listed by ARP. I had the studs in my last 5.9L at 145 ft. lbs. Also, they should be torqed at least 3 times with the last being after running the egine up to normal temps.

i shouldve went with 625s!

Has anyone looked at the water pump yet? I have a 6.7 water pump here and the impeller is plastic not steel. The ford 6.0 has a plastic one too, and i have seen them fail.

My buddy has a 6.7 with everything deleted an he said he just blew his headgaskets on his truck? He said that he is going to put headstuds in there to try and fix it, but some of yall have had them still overheat and blow them. My friend would be driving 70mph and all of a sudden his temp gauge would peg out, then he would put it in neutral til it came down. Is this what yall are experimenting?

Any body got a fix for it yet?