Overboost Code on an 06

06RAMCTD

I installed an II 64 Silver bullet, and I keep getting an over boost code. I am running a Smarty and I have the wastegate turned off. Do I need a boost fooler?

or just ignore it, that's what I do

If I just ignore it on mine it feels like I hit a brick wall in the power department and the truck defuels...

Is it not the same in your truck? Mine is 05...

About 44 PSI it seems is where she hits a brick wall and looses power if I don't run the boost fooler.

You have to get a BF. Your truck will defuel once you achieve 44psi and will only allow the egine to max at 2000rpm and about 50% of the fuel. My old 06 was the same

You have to get a BF. Your truck will defuel once you achieve 44psi and will only allow the egine to max at 2000rpm and about 50% of the fuel. My old 06 was the same

my boost gauge only reads about 40-42, but I must get a boost spike before the VNT can open up and settle it down to the 38-40 range...

I lose no fueling or power, the truck hauls ass

Mine does not do this.

WTF? Why is there so much variation on this topic. I can hit 48 psi on a regular basis and once there I can hold it and it doesn't defuel.

Yea I thought my smarty was good enough too. Just found out at the pulls that it wasn't ...defueled my truck would only hit 38psi. And not a very good pull only 248ft Not very happy

Guys there only like 70$ from quadzilla? everybody should have one lol! cheapest part ive put on my truck

X2 on the Quadzilla, I kept getting the same thing but that took care of it.

Heck I never get a overboost code, only underboost codes. No quadzilla and a HTT 62/71/14. If I keep the RPM up I do not get it, but if it starts to lug there goes the code and hello limp mode. I have been dealing with mine for almost two years now, still can not figure it out.

Guys there only like 70$ from quadzilla? everybody should have one lol! cheapest part ive put on my truck

My buddy forced me to try his qzilla boost fooler lol! He was convinced I would make more boost. First off I am on stock bolts and I don't want to make more boost! But, as he was having issues with his not making the boost he thought it should and we have similar trucks.......well they are both manual long bed 05's anyway ha ha! He has done a few more things than I have twin pumps, compound turbo's, and the list goes on I'm sure.

Anyhow the boost fooler had no effect on my truck. I just don't get it, this shouldn't be that hard to figure out. Somebody go find one of the brainiacs and get them on it LOL

While I am just throwing stuff out there, I have gotten an over boost code once.....maybe twice. IIRC it was at the track. And I occasionally get a rail pressure too high code. Useless information??? I just clear them and keep truckin'.

I don't get it either before this last pull I would hit 50psi with no code

i get overboost codes on rare occasions, so i bought a boost fooler and now within a hour everytime driving it get an underboost code and goes limp...:nail: