Overfueling after full rebuild …

Frizell

I have a 1995 12 Valve with a p7100 pump - 215/0.24 Delivery Valve. Truck slightly hesitant to start but with any throttle - it has excessive smoke - unburnt diesel fuel smell. As you give it throttle, it doesn’t want to rev up and copious white smoke. No coolant in oil, no oil in coolant. It did this exact thing last year, we had the block machined, new pistons/rods/new cam 188-220/crank polished and balanced. PPump was sent to Farrell for rebuild. New injectors from PDD -> exact same thing on startup after new build. Looking for help. We’re beyond frustrated and puzzled. Thank you.

Please feel free if you have the time to review our videos:

Attachments

• IMG_7050.jpeg
    IMG_7050.jpeg
    143.1 KB · Views: 5
Break in oil was a clear as going in, we will set lash again and retorque tomorrow but seeing as the husband was going to throw a pipewrench through it tonight … it was mandatory beer and boob tube to calm down.

So it was doing this smoke thing before it was torn apart and rebuilt ?
Did you check TDS with something in the injector bore to prove the piston was up with valves closed. If not, I'm thinking that maybe the crank gear spun. If you did make sure that #1 piston was at TDS then I'm wrong.
How about air in the fuel ?
What happened last year right before it started this smoke thing ?

So it was doing this smoke thing before it was torn apart and rebuilt ?
Did you check TDS with something in the injector bore to prove the piston was up with valves closed. If not, I'm thinking that maybe the crank gear spun. If you did make sure that #1 piston was at TDS then I'm wrong.
How about air in the fuel ?
What happened last year right before it started this smoke thing ?
Thank you. I’m pretty sure we have it sorted. We have a 14 PSI lift pump that was improperly sold to us. 12K total rebuild for a damn lift pump. Ughhhh.

14psi is low, but it will still crank and run fine.
Your symptoms sound like timing to me also.

Thank you. I’m pretty sure we have it sorted. We have a 14 PSI lift pump that was improperly sold to us. 12K total rebuild for a damn lift pump. Ughhhh.
That's the cart in front of the horse in a big way. Step one with any suspected fueling issue is checking fuel supply pressure. So you replaced the lift pump before the rebuild and this problem appeared ? I'm a little confused.

14psi is low, but it will still crank and run fine.
Your symptoms sound like timing to me also.

Reading through the thread, I typed a response saying the same thing, decided I was being an asshole, and deleted it.

14psi from a lift pump won't cause what they said was happening.

Someone doesn't know what they are doing, and is rebuilding engines...
Chris

Tell me anything I said that appears incorrect based on the information provided?

You deal with this stuff constantly, as do I...half the phone calls I get the caller shouldn't be using a phone, let alone a wrench.
Chris