P 0299, low boost range- why?

paroxysym

my truck threw a CEL last night leaving work. she was running fine up to now, no problems at all. i mean i ran her with the a/c on and the temp outsdie was high 80s on my way to work. i came home, well shalli say limped her home and checked the code with my smarty- low boost range, 0299. why all of a sudden am i getting this? what causes this?

i can say that i had no throttle response on the way home and that i would have to put it to the floor to get it to downshift and pick up speed to merge and stuff on the highway. i cleared it before i went to bed last night and she ran fine this morning. i just have this feeling it will be back. whats causing it? thanks for the help guys.

oh yea i am not running anything crazy on her, stock turbo with a quad boost fooler and smarty jr on 40hp setting as of now.

Check the easy stuff first . Remove the boost sensor from the turbo compressor side and clean it with AIR INTAKE CLEANER ONLY. Then remove the IAT/MAP sensor located between the numbers 3 and 4 injector lines and clean as well. Reset codes and drive.

DO NOT USE ANY CARB CLEANER, as it will damage the sensors.

Boost sensor is on the turbo compressor housing . Any parts store will have it.

ok, im new to this stuff- so do you have a diagram or can you point me in the right direction?

OK look on the passengers side , locate the intake tube on the air box . Follow it down to the turbo , it will be on the compressor housing just below that tube .

You remove the intake tube as well and it will be visable.

OK look on the passengers side , locate the intake tube on the air box . Follow it down to the turbo , it will be on the compressor housing just below that tube .

You remove the intake tube as well and it will be visable.

thanks max..will do.