p-pump 24v 2.8 puller

DEEZELRAM114

SMOKIN' RAM!!
alrite, im currently building a 2.8 p-pumped 24v. im needing some info on what charger and injectors to go with. I currently have a 180 pump (that will likely need more work) with 191 lazer cuts, 4k gsk, mack plug, 100 plate, .120 lines. also what timing you guys getting the best results with??? the pump and everything else is going in next weekend.

alrite, im currently building a 2.8 p-pumped 24v. im needing some info on what charger and injectors to go with. I currently have a 180 pump (that will likely need more work) with 191 lazer cuts, 4k gsk, mack plug, 100 plate, .120 lines. also what timing you guys getting the best results with??? the pump and everything else is going in next weekend.

2.8 s400. Manual or auto?

not sure yet.. more then likely will stay with the auto for now. id like to do a nv4500

For the 2.8 class I would ditch the 100 plate and 4kgsk and go with a 0 plate and 5kgsk... just my $.02 since thats what I am doing for just the 2.6 class :D

S400s are pretty popular as well as HX50s and HX60s. The Holsets will need more work though.

You had better get a big 13mm pump, 5x25 dual feeds, big cam, and a big 3.0 s400 bushed to a 2.8. Look at Terry coppess or the williams kid that one Schied last year. I dont have a problem with the turbo, but it puts you in a class that you better bring enough to the table to be competitive even. You setup sounds better suited for the 2.6 like the rest of us. Thats why i got rid of my 2.8 because there was no chance for me in that class. Unless you have that kind of jack to spend, then let er rip. Tim

You had better get a big 13mm pump, 5x25 dual feeds, big cam, and a big 3.0 s400 bushed to a 2.8. Look at Terry coppess or the williams kid that one Schied last year. I dont have a problem with the turbo, but it puts you in a class that you better bring enough to the table to be competitive even. You setup sounds better suited for the 2.6 like the rest of us. Thats why i got rid of my 2.8 because there was no chance for me in that class. Unless you have that kind of jack to spend, then let er rip. Tim

yea I know what your saying. I would love to get a 13mm pump, but I do not plan on lighting the world on fire my first year. I know I will run into many bugs this year. In WI we ONLY have a "super street" class where a 3.0 is allowed. I really have no plans on going that big. we have the national event that comes every year to union grove and thats where I would like to fall into that 2.8 class, and do a few other events like this.

Jpscustoms-- no im on my way to my shop now. stop out if you want. im going to take some pics too:woohoo:

Well, I think im WI you dont have to worry too much about super hot trucks....just Garrett Sheilds....but the 5K GSK is going to help out a lot getting you to stay on top of that charger. But Big Stick, Big Turbo, Big wallet are the keys to getting a good pulling truck.

Thats why Im only running 2.6, there is no way I can compete with the 2.8 ITPA guys, heck the 2.6 class is going to be tough enough!

Well, I think im WI you dont have to worry too much about super hot trucks....just Garrett Sheilds....but the 5K GSK is going to help out a lot getting you to stay on top of that charger. But Big Stick, Big Turbo, Big wallet are the keys to getting a good pulling truck.

Thats why Im only running 2.6, there is no way I can compete with the 2.8 ITPA guys, heck the 2.6 class is going to be tough enough!

The guy who just won Cloverdale is a member of Fantasy Truck Pullers, a group that pulls in Wisconsin.

The guy who just won Cloverdale is a member of Fantasy Truck Pullers, a group that pulls in Wisconsin.

Does your truck always sit at the quick lube in platteville by kwik trip? Im from platteville and pretty sure its you but not sure

so this last week I have been cleaning the engine bay. I hid the entire engine harness and removed the A/C, one battery and grid heater.

before:
P1000292.jpg

P1000294.jpg

after:
P1000302.jpg

P1000306.jpg

P1000309.jpg

hid the wiring and ecm in the body under the windshield
P1000305.jpg

big hole to get the conectors through.
P1000303.jpg

how much work was it moving everything? Looks like it might be a little time involving but man it sure looks clean now!

thanks, its CLEANED and waxed ;) so it looks even better!! if your motivated it doesnt take longer then a saturday. most trouble is mounting the computer, its a odd angle. also have to drill one hole from the bottom up for the trans wires. if you dont have the stock fuel system a 18v milwaukee drill will fit under/in there. I deleted my a/c (really naked now with out the lines and canister) but it looks as that is the only wires you may have to extend. (2) wires to the top of the canister. just a fyi make sure to buy some rubber groments so you do not wear the shielding off the wires after time

more info on how you did that wire tuck? i wanna do mine just cuz its a pain in the arse when doing engine work, i could care less how it looks.

how do you get the PCM up into the cowl? did you have to cut a hole for it to fit in?

thanks. i might tackle this task sometime soon. do any connectors need to be extended or anything or is it as simple as this looks? i have amanual tranny so no tranny harness to worry about

i think the only one he would have had to extend was for the ac, but hes not running it so it wasnt a problem