p-pump 24v, need some advice!!!

02fuelhog

I've read alot on here about p-pump 24v conversions and was wandering if a compltete 95 model truck would have most or all the parts i need? I konw i'll probably need fuel lines and gaskets, but the truck is complete just the block is cracked and it's been wrecked but all parts under the hood is still there. Thanks Stephen

yea it will have most of it.

the things you will need to get still are:
-conversion fuel lines to 24v head and the intake horn spacer
-misc gaskets
-the Cam position sensor adapter

yea it will have most of it.

the things you will need to get still are:
-conversion fuel lines to 24v head and the intake horn spacer
-misc gaskets
-the Cam position sensor adapter

the cam sensor just runs the tach correct? and is really not needed? on the puller I am doing it will have no dash and factory wiring. all aftermarket gauges and new wiring.

Cam sensor runs tach, gauges, A/C.

If you dont have thos on your puller dont worry about it.

Damn, forgot that part. P7100 dont need no electricity.:hehe:

I'm guessing you will run a one wire key on hot to the internal regulator , well in case you didn't know be sure to put an inline relay or a strong voltage resistor for your regulator or it will blow. Mine did like four times till we fixed it the right way. Then again I've heard some people never have a problem without something to cut voltage. But if this is a dedicated puller you may not need to worry with it.

Oil feed for the pump. Usually relocated to the drivers side due to clearance issue.

Allright and thanks for that bit of info!! Now for the guys that drive there p-pump 24v on the road what kind of fuel milage are you gettin? the reason i ask is mine is a daily driver and i'd like it to get decent fuel mileage. If the fuel mileage falls through the floor i need to sell all this stuff i got. Thanks again!!! Stephen

If tuned properly then not any worse than your VP and probably even better. Not sure on my current pump my last one was around 16 to 20 mpg depending on the right foot.

My mileage stayed about the same after the conversion. I was running about 15 degrees timing, probably be a bit better if I were running more.