P-pump conversion injector test.

RonA

I was able to get 2 sets of injectors tested today. Chris at Jefferson State Diesel did his best to wear out my tires and his rollers playing with it. My best run before on his Dyno Jet was 775 with me standing on the brakes to get the turbos lit. After lots of runs and head scratching Chris was able to tune some of my ignorance out of it and gain a few ponies in the process. Don M made me a set of Mach 7's about a year and a half ago that really work well, but with him being so busy, I hated to ask him for something bigger. I talked to Monster Pump Mike about a set and he agreed to send them to me. The 7's run great and net me about 18.5 mpg on the highway without alot of smoke(unless the pedal goes down towards the floor). Mikes injectors have only a slight haze once warmed up and can be driven on the street with my setup. The results were:

Mach 7's 850hp
Mikes 854.
Given a chance to set so the intercooler was cold, the Mach 7's made 882hp. No more standing on the brakes either(thanks Chris)I'm really happy the 7's performed well, but I'm also quite pleased about mikes injectors. I will post back in a week or so and give my opinion on their daily driving manners.

Are those his standard 6x12s that he sells for the monster pumps?

Ron, I just got a big set of injectors dropped at the house yesterday!

:Cheer: What was your timing set at??

25deg(plunger lift method).
Also swapped in a set of DDP 024's(thanks Lucky Jeff). Same twins, saw about 70psi overall with 45psi off the primary.

LOL.... Don was very proud of those also. All I remember is, "These are bada$$ injectors, they flow like crazy".

Is Don playing favorites again? I need to figure out how to get on his good side. Would he accept a bribe? :fish:

Ill have to try a set of mikes this week and see what happens,You going to come make a pass in sac on the 4th Ron?

Ron, I just got a big set of injectors dropped at the house yesterday!

Bigger is not always better , I believe mikes are a little smaller than the M7s and making just fuzz more power back to back

Ron - did you get that stoopid pump on or are you still running the CDS 13?

Bigger is not always better , I believe mikes are a little smaller than the M7s and making just fuzz more power back to back

If your looking for 850HP then the Mach 7's would be enough. I am headed north of there. The other thing to look at is the injection, the higher RPM the less time you have to get it in there, which a larger injector would assist.

LOL.... Don was very proud of those also. All I remember is, "These are bada$$ injectors, they flow like crazy".

Yes I thank you guys and Don for them. Hopefully they will be in the truck this spring!

If your looking for 850HP then the Mach 7's would be enough. I am headed north of there. The other thing to look at is the injection, the higher RPM the less time you have to get it in there, which a larger injector would assist.

850 was done with a cooled I/C I asked Ron about that same test with Mikes and he told me what he thought would happen

850 was done with a cooled I/C I asked Ron about that same test with Mikes and he told me what he thought would happen

I am not following you. On Ron's post he said both were about 850, then when the I/C was cooled the mach 7's were 882? I would suspect similar results from Mikes injectors. Or are you thinking something else?