P-pump fuel Preasure?

Willy91

Howdy folks,

I traded my old charger off on a Fass 150/150. I was hoping to get rid of the problem I ave with my stock lift pump loosing preasure at full throttle, but come to find out this Fass will only make around 20PSI, and it will cost upwards of $300 to upgrade it to 45psi. So my question is, will 20psi support a p-pump properly? I don't think flow will be any concern as far as keeping that 20 psi, but just wondering if 20Psi is enough preasure to fuel me past 600HP? thanks folks.

Most say at least 35psi...I keep mine between 40 and 50.

I wouldn't want to run 20psi on it for very long at WOT...cruising around you'd be OK
Chris

hmm so basically you guys are saying I'd be better off selling it and trying to find something else huh? lol

I probly shouldent say this ol' diesel-dan will probly get on here and call me an idiot for running this pump like this but here goes.

All last year on my puller I ran my 150/150 to my stock lift pump then to my p-pump with a regulator on the backside set to 60 at idle I never pulled down below 40 on the track worked like a charm.

PS the FASS still lives on the ol' white goat never had 1 hiccup out of it worked perfect and still does.
Brandon

I probly shouldent say this ol' diesel-dan will probly get on here and call me an idiot for running this pump like this but here goes.

All last year on my puller I ran my 150/150 to my stock lift pump then to my p-pump with a regulator on the backside set to 60 at idle I never pulled down below 40 on the track worked like a charm.

PS the FASS still lives on the ol' white goat never had 1 hiccup out of it worked perfect and still does.
Brandon

hmm anybody else care to give thier thoughts on this?

Before going further consider upgrading the fuel lines from the tank to engine bay to at least -8AN, it'll make it easier to supply the fuel you need. Maybe there was something wrong with the fuel line or your lift pump in the first place.

Before going further consider upgrading the fuel lines from the tank to engine bay to at least -8AN, it'll make it easier to supply the fuel you need. Maybe there was something wrong with the fuel line or your lift pump in the first place.

true, I believe that should be with the FASS. I might try hooking it up like Brandon said to see what it does, it may help.

I have run my fass 150 at 20 psi on my 12 valve for the past 2 years. It worked on my truck, I also gained 30hp by going to 45 psi. Hope this helps.

yeah I think for starters I'm gonna try it like brandon said and just run it into my factory lift pump, and go from the lift pump straight to the IP and ditch the factory fuel filter, and put a guage at the inlet of the pump to see what it makes. Where do I find a regualtor like Brandon is talking about?

Brandon's results seem to indicate the practice worked to some extent:D

I swear it did :1tooth: LOL

true, I believe that should be with the FASS. I might try hooking it up like Brandon said to see what it does, it may help.

I still have my lift pump with the fitting in it and I should still have the fitting for the top of the draw straw I ran -10 from the tank to the lift pump if it did anything I dont know but I know I had plenty of fuel ;). Let me know if u want to go that route.
Brandon

can u get the different pressure regulation spring for it to increse psi?

yeah I think for starters I'm gonna try it like brandon said and just run it into my factory lift pump, and go from the lift pump straight to the IP and ditch the factory fuel filter, and put a guage at the inlet of the pump to see what it makes. Where do I find a regualtor like Brandon is talking about?

Click Here for a regulator that some use, myself included. But there are also other options

If you run it through the factory LP, I don't think pressure will be a problem since the stock LP will be the one maintaining the pressure, all the FASS has to do is supply it. But I've never tried :poke:

good thing you brought up this post cause im having the same issue also with my stock lift pump and i didnt know what to get either.

Instead of the regulator you could swap a 40psi spring in there. A FASS dealer can get you one if they don't have any in stock. It is true that this will wear down the pump at a faster rate, but so will a regulator. The difference being the price of a $2.00 spring vs a $150.00 regulator.

I run both the stock pump and a Raptor 150, but not in-line. I have a Vulcan 1/2" Draw Straw 1 with a 1/2" big line kit feeding my stock mechanical lift pump 1/2" to the pump. Then I have a 3/8" Vulcan Draw Straw 2 w/ 3/8 big line kit feeding the Raptor 150 and 3/8" feeding into the front of the P-pump.
I also use the stock shimmed overflow valve with no fancy regulators. I have my Raptor set at about 35 psi and while the truck is running its between 35-40psi and draws down at wot to 35psi.

Jeremy

I run both the stock pump and a Raptor 150, but not in-line. I have a Vulcan 1/2" Draw Straw 1 with a 1/2" big line kit feeding my stock mechanical lift pump 1/2" to the pump. Then I have a 3/8" Vulcan Draw Straw 2 w/ 3/8 big line kit feeding the Raptor 150 and 3/8" feeding into the front of the P-pump.
I also use the stock shimmed overflow valve with no fancy regulators. I have my Raptor set at about 35 psi and while the truck is running its between 35-40psi and draws down at wot to 35psi.

Jeremy

Any other opinions on doing something like this? Would it work ok considering my Fass is only going to put out 20 psivs. my factory lp? It wouldn't try to back feed in the Fass would it? Also somebody gave me the Idea of maybe combining the Fass and lp into a block and then feeding it into the stock port. Any thoughts. Thanks folks.

Back