P-Pump help

Big Tex Racing

What P-pump is Double Overtime using? I was told it is off a larger international motor?

I also think Strokedout scrapped the HEUT system and installed a pump, what are the donor engines for these pumps.

Thanks

What P-pump is Double Overtime using? I was told it is off a larger international motor?

I also think Strokedout scrapped the HEUT system and installed a pump, what are the donor engines for these pumps.

Thanks

It think it is off of a mack v8 application. It is pretty much all custom fab, I am curious how they are driving it. It sits right in the valley of the engine.

thanks REV, I meant, belt, gear, etc. My guess it is probably gear. Just lots of custom work to get it done. I have seen the shop that did the work and alot of the stuff that comes out of there performs just like magic.

I would have thought you would have said faith.

thanks REV, I meant, belt, gear, etc. My guess it is probably gear. Just lots of custom work to get it done. I have seen the shop that did the work and alot of the stuff that comes out of there performs just like magic.

I would have thought you would have said faith.

It is gear driven and the location of where it sits is the same as a HPOP that is normally used which is gear driven. The heads had to be cut and welded due to the overall size of the pump from what I have read.

You said it came off a MAC? Do you know which model/size motor? What shop did the pump work for Double Overtime?

If it came off of a v8 MACK it was possibly either a 865ci motor or the monster 998ci. I would say it is the one off of the 998's which I believe is a bosch pump, not sure which series, althought the later 998's used an inline 8 p-pump.

If it came off of a v8 MACK it was possibly either a 865ci motor or the monster 998ci. I would say it is the one off of the 998's which I believe is a bosch pump, not sure which series, althought the later 998's used an inline 8 p-pump.

Thanks I will look around and see what the local yards have and see if I can find a 998.

This may sound dumb, is it possible to buy a reman inline 8 p-pump and were would you recommend trying or websites? even dealer direct ?

Good luck with finding a motor, or a pump. Those motors are hard to find, the parts are even harder. Sorry for throwing that inline bit in there, just thought I would mention it. I know his is the V pump, but I wonder if it would be easier to stuff an inline in that spot.

Do you have Scania diesel engines in US?

They have 14 liter V8 engine with inline P7100 fuel pump.

call scheid they did the onle on millers truck. and im almost positive its from an international.

You might be right, I had just never heard of them being offered in a truck.

How big of truck are you talking about?

Mack E9 engines are V-8's They use one of two pumps. Either the AMBAC pump which is a V-arrangment or a Robert Bosch P-7100 8 cylinder version. The ambac pump was used until 1990 where the p-pump replaced it. From 1988-1990 some p-pumps found their way on the motors but they are sporadic at best.
Both pumps are very capable with my preferance leaning toward the p-pump.

Your best bet to getting one of these pumps is to contact a performance pump shop. Or you can buy a core E9 engine for about 5 grand.

You might be right, I had just never heard of them being offered in a truck.

How big of truck are you talking about?

Like a 6 wheeled articulating rock truck, 30-40tons. I can't remember if they were I6's or 8's. It used a Bosch pump though......

I thought you could also source one of the vpumps from a 3208 cat motor. What about the old cummins 555 v8s? Our older terra gators had both brands of motor with vpumps.

Zimmer's truck "Stroked Out" has an inline 8 cyl pump. I have seen 8cyl P-pumps listed on Columbus Diesel's website.

-Tom

You sure about Scheid doing that pump? I am pretty sure it was done by another pump shop.

This is what was in Diesel Power when they did a story on the Double Overtime truck.

The monster Power Stroke nicknamed the "Super Stroke" was built by TFS out of Vallonia, Indiana. In addition to assembling the engine, TFS also handled much of the trick fab work that went into adapting the big injection pump to the engine.
The entire HEUI system would be scrapped, and the truck would be converted to a Bosch P-pump styled injection system, using a Scheid-built "V-Pump" off of a 700-cubic-inch International engine. This meant reworking the entire engine-as a new front cover, lines, and injection system had to be designed, and the cylinder heads had to be cut and re-welded to accommodate the different injection system. Welding cast-iron is neither cheap nor easy, and Ben indicated about half the money spent on the entire engine went into the heads.

Below the one-off heads, a set of custom fire rings and Flat Out Racing head gaskets seal the deck, while a set of 9/16-inch ARP studs (yes! Non-metric) keep everything together. The block is a stock 7.3L, but has a serious girdle that ties into the mains, pan rails, and even engine mounts to keep a solid foundation. The crank is also stock and swings a set of Cunningham rods and JE Pistons. A custom ground billet cam rounds out the long block.

Just found this

Back