P-Pump help

This is what was in Diesel Power when they did a story on the Double Overtime truck.

The monster Power Stroke nicknamed the "Super Stroke" was built by TFS out of Vallonia, Indiana. In addition to assembling the engine, TFS also handled much of the trick fab work that went into adapting the big injection pump to the engine.
The entire HEUI system would be scrapped, and the truck would be converted to a Bosch P-pump styled injection system, using a Scheid-built "V-Pump" off of a 700-cubic-inch International engine. This meant reworking the entire engine-as a new front cover, lines, and injection system had to be designed, and the cylinder heads had to be cut and re-welded to accommodate the different injection system. Welding cast-iron is neither cheap nor easy, and Ben indicated about half the money spent on the entire engine went into the heads.

Below the one-off heads, a set of custom fire rings and Flat Out Racing head gaskets seal the deck, while a set of 9/16-inch ARP studs (yes! Non-metric) keep everything together. The block is a stock 7.3L, but has a serious girdle that ties into the mains, pan rails, and even engine mounts to keep a solid foundation. The crank is also stock and swings a set of Cunningham rods and JE Pistons. A custom ground billet cam rounds out the long block.

Just found this

I still think a inline 8 p-pump would be the way to go and possible limit head clearance issues..

I stand corrected. TFS was pushing somebody else to do the pump work on another truck. I thought that was who did the pump work on it also.

Billy Zimmer with stroked out uses an inline p-pump. He sells a kit to do the conversion. Pm me your # and I will have him call you if your interested. The pump is gear driven and built by area diesel in Carlinville IL.

Billy Zimmer with stroked out uses an inline p-pump. He sells a kit to do the conversion. Pm me your # and I will have him call you if your interested. The pump is gear driven and built by area diesel in Carlinville IL.

I just sent you my number, yes if he has a kit that is even better, does he have a website? Or he can give his number I can call him monday.

Thanks

If you look at the December issue of Diesel Power on page 124 you will see Billy Zimmer's Stroked Out featured.

If you look at the December issue of Diesel Power on page 124 you will see Billy Zimmer's Stroked Out featured.

I did it is a very slick setup being a inline P-pump vs a V-type, if he does make a kit I would really like to talk with him.

Back