P-pump issues

tommyh5

So, tonight, I got pissed off at the guy driving in front of me so I went around him and slammed on the brakes. Yea yea I'm the asshole but anyway, truck died and now it won't idle. I can hold on to the linkage on the pump and make it idle but otherwise won't. I can't imagine the linkage actually came out of adjustment? The Fass fuel pump is still kicking on, and the fuel shutoff solenoid is working fine. Have you guys heard of this before?

Where is a good place to find one and are there ones that are better than others?

I got my linkage parts from Cummins. I ordered linkage from a 1998, thinking they would be the latest/best.

Sorry Tommyh I have no idea what happened to you.

Bad karma. Let a couple of people cut in front of you, smile when someone cuts you off. After a few good deeds it will idle properly.

there is no way for the timing to slip. I've been adjusting the linkage. I can't get it to idle any lower than 1400 RPM. If i turn the screw even a little bit lower than 1400 it dies. I'm thinkin I'm gonna have to pull the pump and have it checked out. Anyone know of any shops near St. Louis that you'd recommend taking the pump to?