p- pump or monster vp

jr22

oilfield equipped
Loookiing at build a daily driver/puller/ farm truck and have considered either a p-pump or a monster vp ?? any input ?? p-pump 24v i was told are moody and I only read about the monster for 1 guy posting ?? thanks, jr

well i would talk to gus at farm boys diesel
trik stage 1,2 and stage 3 pumps if you are looking for a huge vp44. The stage 3 is a wild vp44.These are reman pumps. They have new electronics and other internal parts and mods. These will bolt directly in with no mods having to be done
they are great

fbd seems to be the only one to chime in on the monster pumps. like the idea of a p-pump for towing in the mountains, jr

i love my monster pump plenty of power and fuels hard, never messed with a p pump swap.

stage 2 had it for close to 8- 9 months now and close to 10k miles and it has performed flawlessly

Go against the grain.......throw a VP on a 12 valve......:woohoo:

where do you guys get your monster pumps from ??, jr

InlineCummins24 said:
it would be easy give to get a 12v and put it in then do a p-pump
I already have a 2001 with a 6spd and was really looking to find a another truck

i have a hookup to get the same monster pump that daves diesel sells and im in no way affiliated with them if you are interested i can get you a price just pm me if interested
this pump i can get is the same pump that darren smith is running and greg arn

Ppump no electronics and no reasons why it wouldnt work or I forgot to turn my box on or somethings wrong????

Forrest Nearing said:
no way, adapt a standadyne off of a 6.5 Chevy!

why so the little black box on the side can fry like the ones on a vp44, no thanks jr

I ran a monster stage 2 on my pulling truck the last half of the year. As mentioned earlier I had very good luck with it. More than enough fuel for HTT 66/16 sled pulling or street driving, in fact it would light this charger very well street driving it with no box on just 240hp Injectors. The only thing that I did not like about the pump was the idle. Very rough, would shake whole truck, but man it sounded awesome.