P-pump this or not?

Is it just me or does anyone else notice alot of Furd guys moving to the dark side?
To answer your question: If you want to have tremendious fuel supply, no electronic torque managment and a true beast,........ yes.

LOL, yeah I think I'm more excited than she is about having a cummins in the driveway now!! I have been interested in cummins since I was a young teenager, I just came up on a good deal for a 7.3L PS then went with a 6.0L.

I have a lot to learn about the 24V. What excatly does the P-pump improve on? Any info on this upgrade is appriciated.

if I were in your position I would just put a good lift pump in place like a Glacier Diesel setup or something like that. Look at it this way, you would be able to buy three VP44 replacement pumps for the cost of converting to a good p-pump. reliability and the ability to fuel an insane amount has been the most common reason to switch.

What are your goals? If you dont plan on big HP, a p-pumpn swap isnt prudent IMO, but if you are going top go big, it may be a good idea.

Makes sense. I have been checking out the GD pumps and also FASS this morning. Will I be able to adjust the VP-44, like on the 12V's pumps?

Like I said, this will be the wife's truck, she wants to race it every once in a while. She isn't interested in putting a sled behind it and she won't let me run a single stack either. :bang

No Adjusting to the VP44. All Wire. You can get loads of power and keep your VP44. Just plug in toys and injectors. It will be fine. I agree that a FASS pump would be a good first move.

Well that may make it easy with no adjustment. Guess I'll figure it out as I go. Now if I can just talk her into letting me put a single stack on it. This will be fun.

Tcolesanti said:
Get a FASS system on it and an Edge Drag Comp.
Will that require a trans upgrade? Or could I get away with just a TC? I just got done doing my Powerstrokes, and boy that puts a hurtin' on the ol' wallet.

a converson from schied is about 1700 dollars that has everything but the pump . the cruise wont work but other than that it fits good

Keep the VP unless you plan to go over about 550HP or so, the VP can handle that in stock form.

AMMO22 said:
Will that require a trans upgrade? Or could I get away with just a TC? I just got done doing my Powerstrokes, and boy that puts a hurtin' on the ol' wallet.

You'll be lookin at a valve body and torque converter before too long. Any way you slice it you are about to dump a ton of money in that tranny....

-Tom

How much will just upgrading the VB and TC hold on HP? I don't see me letting her get the truck over 450hp

It will depend alot on the current condition of the transmission, and also the abuse it gets. 450 horsepower is enough to break shafts in certain conditions.

Figure about $1500 or so for a VB and converter, and have a good tranny guy tweak the bands etc while in there.

Sun Coast is a good way to go for a TC and VB. A P-pump is cool but for her application a good VP-44 will work fine. You can adjust them on the fly with a edje drag comp or a juice system, were as the p-pump you have to manually adjust them at the pump. If she want to up-grade the vp-44 call Scheid diesel, they'll be able to hook her up with a good pump.