P-pump this or not?

One question, is your wife very mechanically inclined? Here's why I ask, with a Comp or similar box you can see some pretty good boost numbers etc while the motor is cold. Cold motor+High boost=Popped HG :( Bud Light did mine in, and I know of a couple of folks who have also done it. Warmed up it's fine, retorque the headbolts and it's LOTS better, but the motor still needs to be warm.

Not trying to scare you or her, but passing on some expensive lessons I had to learn.

Thanks for that piece of info Billysgoat, I'll have her keeping it turned down until up to temp. She isn't extremely mechanically inclined yet, but she is pretty smart and learns fast. I'm going to teach her as much as I can. She got to learn about the block, the head, and valves this weekend. I'm trying to teach her the main parts right now, then I'll start getting a little detailed.

Yeah, trans work is expensive. It's a crap shoot to say what HP level requires what upgrades. A racing application is a different story over just a hp range, billet parts, if you're serious.

Buy used performance parts to save for the expensive stuff, like transmission work. I wouldn't be afraid to buy a used turbo, injectors or a fueling box.

The biggest part to building a truck is not to buy things twice, like don't buy a 100hp injector just to realize you really wanted a 150hp injector two months later. Set your HP range/goals and over build supporting components for future growth.

Oh believe me I know how expensive it is, my 6.0 has broke the bank. LOL
I don't expect parts for a 24 valve to cost nearly as much as the 6.0.

Last edited: