P-pump ?

schaef_12

Diesel Junkie
Long story short, I had a shop set my timing, I was told they new how to do it but they obviously did not. The shop did not have a delivery valve socket, so they opted to take the two nut off of the barrel and remove the barrel to get the dial indicator in there. Anyways, it now has a real ****ty idle and runs alittle rough until it gets in the higher rpms, so I am going to send it off to a pump shop probably CDS to get calibrated and have them put 5k's in it.

Basically I would like some input on the following:

While it's at the shop should I have the fuel output increased? This is on my dd with a 62/71 charger P&P head, Helix, fireringed, studs yadda yadda... and down the road an S475 for twins. How much fuel (cc's) should I have them set it too if it even needs bumped up?

Thanks
Corey

Corey! How are things going? You don't have any luck when it comes to getting parts for your truck or getting it worked on do you?

How is the head working for you sir?

I would have it calibrated to max output, you can always pull the plate back if its too much fuel for your tastes. We have a tweaked to the max 215 pump on Diva's blue 96 and it runs (ran) great!

Yep removing the whole barrel is a no no.

When my pump was put on the stand they wanted to do all the adjustments per Bosch for that pump using the stock cam plate in the stock position. Then once it's all to spec put in whatever plate you want then finalize adjustments. As I understand it nothing is done internally to the pump to "turn up" the fuel, it's only controlled by the cam plate. Supposedly there are 27 different adjustments that can be made to the P-pump, it's worthwhile finding a shop that knows how to set them up.

Corey! How are things going? You don't have any luck when it comes to getting parts for your truck or getting it worked on do you?

How is the head working for you sir?

I would have it calibrated to max output, you can always pull the plate back if its too much fuel for your tastes. We have a tweaked to the max 215 pump on Diva's blue 96 and it runs (ran) great!

Lol, if it weren't for bad luck I wouldn't have any at all!! Head is working out great, thanks again for taking care of me it could have been worse (but not much haha) I see you changed up your shipping options!!!

As for the pump, go big or not at all i guess.